TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It's the same size as the Cobra tubes, if all Mark 8 tubes are the same. I have both and they are the same diameter, only differences they are shaped different and the Mark 8 tube has more scrapers on it.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
if all Mark 8 tubes are the same.
well thats the *if* i want to eliminate....i had bought a "HO" larger pickup tube from a cobra guy, and it was the same exact size as my stock mn12 pick-up tube...thanks anyways, but i need verification

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the cobra pump will suck the pan dry on a sohc car.. thats been stated

the mark8 pickup tube is for the mark 8 pan, bent a little different to clear the pan baffles

doesn't matter the tube size, really matters what is says on the tag by the pickup itself

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
the cobra pump will suck the pan dry on a sohc car.. thats been stated

the mark8 pickup tube is for the mark 8 pan, bent a little different to clear the pan baffles

doesn't matter the tube size, really matters what is says on the tag by the pickup itself
which is exactly why I want one for a DOHC setup :)

as for the tube size, the larger tube for the HO pump is of a larger diameter is it not?

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello everyone! im new to this forum but have been working on this 95 thunderbird lx 4.6 project for a while now. i have a livernois 2v stroker block from them which is incredibly strong, patriot stage 2 heads (recent corrected heads) comp cams xe270ah, comp cams adj. cam gears, ati super damper with a large amount of O.D. and a 2.6 liter kenne bell mounted on top. i told a livernois technician about my application, and he said with that much power and being stroked cammed, and kennebell'd i should run a quart more of oil. so they sold me the cobra h.o. oil pump with the block. this motor is on a stand, and i put the cobra pick up tube, but this would not correctly fit my stock O.E.M. 95 thunderbird pan. anybody who wishes to use a cobra oil pump on a 2v in a thunderbird, must switch to a 98 mark 8 pick up tube and pan in order to correctly utilize this cobra oil pump. ONLY use a cobra oil pump on a 2v if you have a ton of work done like my motor, otherwise it's OVERKILL. there is a 6 quart sump on STOCK DOHC 4.6's because you have twice as many valves and cams to now lubricate, but if your running high lift, and longer duration cams, bigger heads, stroked, supercharged, etc. than you would want to run a quart more of oil and a beefier oil pump! hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts