TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the MLPS pinout and/or the wiring harness that is on the transmission? Need this for a 1997 Mark 8.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
From a 1995 Mark VIII 4R70W:

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NetKeym. My only mistake is that I didn't post that I need this for a 1997. The MLPS has more pins. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Thanks NetKeym. My only mistake is that I didn't post that I need this for a 1997. The MLPS has more pins. Thanks!!
Not A Problem! Ask and Ye Shall Receive: 1997 Mark VIII MLPS & 4R70W Wiring:

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that is absolutely perfect!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
supergordo said:
NetKeym said:
supergordo said:
Hey Thanks for the diagrams!
Do you have access to more wiring diagrams for the mark 8's?
Of course! What do you need?
I need anything relating to the circuit that goes from the MLPS to the ECM, AND the shifter circuit. Specifically the LED lighting for the shifter that shows " P R N D 2 1"..
You mean the indicators on the dashboard or the ones by the shifter on the console?

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean the indicators on the dashboard or the ones by the shifter on the console?
Specifically the ones on the shifter. However with the problem I'm trying to correct, having the dashboard diagram might not be bad either.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
1997 Mark VIII Instrumentation Cluster

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
1997 Mark VIII Instrumentation Illumination Wiring

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome stuff! NetKeym, do you possibly have the diagram that shows the LED's for the shifter and in the dash for the PRNDL? Might be related to the info center, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Awesome stuff! NetKeym, do you possibly have the diagram that shows the LED's for the shifter and in the dash for the PRNDL? Might be related to the info center, but I'm not sure.
Post #8 first pic above shows the LED's right in the center of the diagram & instrument cluster bulbs right under that. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Should Be A Sticky

This awesome Thread should be stickied by Mod IMO ~!

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post #8 first pic above shows the LED's right in the center of the diagram & instrument cluster bulbs right under that. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.
I must have missed it on my first look. Thanks, I'll check it again.

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I must have scrolled down to quickly the first time I looked at it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i should have asked a long time ago. What does mlps stand for. I am looking for this in the parts section of a lot of auto part websites and i can't find it. Is there another name for it. Also is ford the only part to use when replacing this or is there any acceptable substitutes.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Autozone/pepboys/etc. call it a neutral safety switch. It stands for manual lever position switch IIRC.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts