TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just came in . still on the car and the car has no wheels so I can't look underneath.

Is this even worth the major pain it will be to get it out?

I do not know the miles or running condition of the engine although car was nice until it ran into something.

I noticed the 32V heads are huge. would be lots of work.

Mike

also thought the drivehaft and tranny might be of use....?

·
8,239 Posts
buy the whole car and do what liz and dan did. They swapped the whole interior and the whole drivetrain, among other things.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Was the car hit? The engine can be taken out of them from the top, at least based on one write up I've seen. Or if the front end is intact you may be able to just drop the front subframe engine and all. My guess would be you could make a little on it even if it didn't run, the heads are worth pretty good money in good shape...

What color is this thing in and out? I might be interested in some parts like the seats... and La isn't that bad a drive to pick 'em up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JustinH-when you say they swapped the whole interior and drivetrain what did they swap? is there an article? I will search next.

the car is a maroon copper looking color. not sure, very nice color on the car. interior is tan leather.

the car has body damage.

I will call tommorow and ask for more details on buying the whole car and mileage of car. I will see if I can get it cheap

·
8,239 Posts
They swapped everything from motor to tranny to doorskins and full functional interior with all the mark8 goodies.

It took alot of hard work, but it is doable.

JH

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you buy the whole car you can just take the whole front clip off and have the easy access from every angle. At that point you can pull the engine and tranny all at one shot.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
definitly buy it.....i doubt you might have the gusto to swap the mark 8 interior...but the engine tranny and ds are definitly an upgrade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts