TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete rear cradle complete ,brakes,will it bolt directly to an mn12 chassis mine is a 94 tbird, what else would I need for this swap

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,871 Posts
Are you planning on using the air suspension? If not you'd need a spring kit for the rear. Otherwise I'd assume that you'd need the praking brake cables and the hoses and lines for the disc brakes. Unless of course you already have disc brakes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna use my springs and shocks,im converting from drum to disk,can I use my master cylinder,or do I need a different one?

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
Far as I know the master cylinder should be fine. But the rear lower control arms on the mark does not have spring perches. You need an adapter for the springs to work.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
where can I get an adapter for the springs,or do I have to make it.
I heard about some being made but I have yet to see a recent picture of new perches. Old perches have been made from aluminum and pop up once in a while on the market they go for about a 100 bucks. If you can design and develop an improved perch design, Id love to see the finished product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brake swap

well see what Im doing is a drum to disk swap from a mark 8 to 94 3.8liter t bird,I think I can swap the carriers then bolt up the calipers,do I have to chage the perportion valve,rthat part im not sure also will the axle shafts pull out of the center section ,and will the stub shaft that goes into a 8.8 center section go into a 7.5 center section.

·
SuperNewbie
2,871 Posts
where can I get an adapter for the springs,or do I have to make it.
There are spring conversion kits that have an adapter that is less sophisticated than what is usually for sale around here. ThomasA makes the really nice perches, but he only makes a batch once in awhile. I have a set of them and they're really nice. I don't know if I'm gonna use them but I don't think I'm ready to sell them either.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,602 Posts
I heard about some being made but I have yet to see a recent picture of new perches. Old perches have been made from aluminum and pop up once in a while on the market they go for about a 100 bucks. If you can design and develop an improved perch design, Id love to see the finished product.
Did the perch idea from the stock arms never pan out?

http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1482&d=1197598542
http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1483&d=1197598571

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Axle shaft

well see what Im doing is a drum to disk swap from a mark 8 to 94 3.8liter t bird,I think I can swap the carriers then bolt up the calipers,do I have to chage the perportion valve,rthat part im not sure also will the axle shafts pull out of the center section ,and will the stub shaft that goes into a 8.8 center section go into a 7.5 center section.
Yes, The axles l fit either size center section. I have done it.
Swapped from 7.5 (4.10's) to 8.8 (3.90's), Never swapped An axle.

Paul

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts