TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what year of mark 8 suspension if any would swap with my 94 thunderbird (springs,struts,tie rods,control arms,etc) im just wanting to know i cant find any threads this is why i asking

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
what year of mark 8 suspension if any would swap with my 94 thunderbird (springs,struts,tie rods,control arms,etc) im just wanting to know i cant find any threads this is why i asking
AFAIK, any 93-98 year Mark VIII rear will bolt right up. Of course, a lot of Marks have that air bag suspension, others have springs. You can always put your springs in any of them.

The front stuff I don't know about.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I just got back from the junk yard yesterday and the 1993 Mark VIII that I pulled a driveshaft out of had springs in the back. I guess someone could have PUT THEM in after the fact, huh? I was kind of surprised, because that is the second 1993 (the first Mark's driveshaft being in my Bird) had springs, too. Since I've seen two with springs now, I assumed not all Marks had air bags.

Funny, I just worked on a 1994 Continental that had been converted to springs, today. Ever try to change a VSS sensor on one of those front wheel Continentals? Not fun.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts