TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to take the intake off to remove the crossover tube? The 97's don't have the extra hole for temp guage sensor.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think i had mine off without removing the intake... its been a while now, but I think i had to pull it to pull the intake appart for IMRC cleaning and gasket replacement

·
Registered
136 Posts
^^ no need to remove the intake, but you'll need to revome the alt. bracket(I would relieve tension on the belt), hoses, unplug any sensors, wiring that may be in the way, etc. I've removed my fair share, and believe it or not I've found that a 16" piece of 2X4 and a huge prybar is really what works best for getting them out. Getting them out without bending the mounting tabs is the tricky part. It's not going to just pull right out, you're going to have to work it out of there. My advice is to take your time and gently work it out of there. Using the wood you can get on it without marring the valvecovers.
Good Luck

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
As said above, no need to pull the intake.

I like to use a large screwdriver to carefully pry up on the bungs to work the tube loose from the heads.

It just takes some patience and care.

-Rod

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and thanks for the pic racecougar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts