TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I shoe horn a Mark VIII Rad into my 94 Tbird? I think the Mark is a 97. I found it on a junkyard run this weekend. Looked like a t-bone accident. Engine looks fine. Rad is there, not bent. Marks have bigger rads no? :confused:

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts
It will bolt right in...it's the same radiator that your car came with stock.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts
03-04 cobra radiators fit in with minimal mods,ive got one in my car and picked it up for around 100 bucks.
True. I have one in my XR7, too. You may have a hard time finding one in a junkyard though.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You can get them through the ford parts counter. Fubarian got one and the fan for around $170 IIRC.

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts
You can get them through the ford parts counter. Fubarian got one and the fan for around $170 IIRC.
A 03-04 Cobra radiator and fan? When I ordered mine through Jason almost a year ago, it was $391.78 for the radiator, fan, and pigtail.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
like I said...IIRC (If I Remember Correctly)....and apparently I don't....(thanks Rod...):zwall:

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts
Sorry, if that came across the wrong way, Josh. I didn't mean for it to sound harsh or anything.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
No offense taken. Was supposed to be funny....:D

·
The Parts Guy
7,344 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does the Mark 8 fan just plug into the stock wiring harness for the 94 4.6 fan??? I am assuming that that the shroud will fit the stock radiator.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can I shoe horn a Mark VIII Rad into my 94 Tbird? I think the Mark is a 97. I found it on a junkyard run this weekend. Looked like a t-bone accident. Engine looks fine. Rad is there, not bent. Marks have bigger rads no? :confused:
Not to jack your thread or anything, but I could really use the EGR tube of a 97 Mark. Right now I have a cap for the port on the header so I can run without it, but I would like have one installed so if I ever have to pass emissions it won't be too much hassle. The local bone yard never has them.:( Let me know the $$$ if it isn't too much trouble and you feel like making a couple bucks.

Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes and yes.

-Rod
Does anything else need to be swapped or rewired for the mark fan to work in the 94 bird? Or is it as simple as plugging in the Tbird harness into the Mark8 fan?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
you will severely shorten the life of your alternator and battery because the mark VIII fan is a single speed, so the only wire that powers it is rigged up to the high-speed circuit.....and upon initial start-up, needs about 80A of current....such a current draw is not good...that is why the mark VIII pcm uses a PWM voltage signal to control the duty cycle of its fan

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see what your mean.....when the fan kicks on the voltmeter drops but recovers right away. But it sure does cool things off in a hurry when it kicks on.

So what do I need to get from the Mark (there's only one at the pic-a-part, and its complete-engine and everything), to make it work correctly???

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Not to jack your thread or anything, but I could really use the EGR tube of a 97 Mark. Right now I have a cap for the port on the header so I can run without it, but I would like have one installed so if I ever have to pass emissions it won't be too much hassle. The local bone yard never has them.:( Let me know the $$$ if it isn't too much trouble and you feel like making a couple bucks.

Mike

You will need to get creative with that one... High temperature silicone hose and copper tubing will work.

Gotta keep things tight though.

So will copper tubing and more expensive high temperature Swagelok fittings... :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts