TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mark vii radiator is the same as the thundebird one.
I now have a mark motor in the bird and my dad keeps insisting that the mark one has to be a two row or different is some manner thanks.

Will

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
if you have a mark vii engine then you have a 5.0 HO or did you mean a 32v 4.6 from a mark viii?
mark vii rad won't fit without modifications...
if you have a mark viii rad that should go in...are they the same? Don't know but that mark viii fan sure does help it keep cool, make sure to get that too!

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
if you have a mark vii engine then you have a 5.0 HO or did you mean a 32v 4.6 from a mark viii?
mark vii rad won't fit without modifications...
if you have a mark viii rad that should go in...are they the same? Don't know but that mark viii fan sure does help it keep cool, make sure to get that too!
His sig says DOHC 4.6...so I'd guess he left out an "i" in Mark VIII.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The radiator is definitely the same, the fan is definitely different. Some people are putting in 03 Cobra Rads with little modification if you really want an upgrade. Do a search if you are interested, it has been discussed somewhat. I know Dr. Frankencougie has done this.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello
Yeah i meant Mark8. Well thats good to know. Just out of curiousity do mustang radiators(non cobra) work too. My only concern would be trans line fittings and size. I could fab up any brackets needed. Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If you used the 03 Cobra radiator you would have to run an auxilary cooler for the tranny as they have manuals so they don't come with a cooler at all. Standard Mustangs I couldn't tell you where the tranny lines connect though. Although you'd probably have to make sure you were looking at a automatic car's rad as they are probably different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts