TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having typical wierd issues and wanted to see folks opinion. The rear bags always hold air, the fronts can hold all night and when I start the car it lets down and may not fill right away. If I move the car or bounce it while the compressor is running they will come back up. I've seen the front way overfill before. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also will thunderbird front struts bolt in place on the mark vIII? I plan to put tokico blues on the tbird so I'm tempted to pull the old assemblies off the tbird and put them on the mark vIII

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
The Thunderbird struts will bolt on, but you will want to put coils in the back of the Mark VIII at the same time. As for putting coils in the rear, you will need a special plate that will locate the spring. Birds and Cougars have a cone up top that locates the spring, and Lincolns do not have that. If you look at the pictures of the conversion kits, you will notice a plate with bent edges and a pin that fits into a hole in your car. That plate is required and keeps the spring where it needs to be.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
That might get weird... you would need to keep the level sensors installed in the front... and you will need to cap the two air lines going to the front struts. They are kind of a bastard line size, and I think you might have a hard time keeping them caped and sealed...

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I believe that they lower at all four corners.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i'm trying to just get by with doing as little as possible. The car is just a short term daily driver until I get ambitous and part it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts