TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I wasn't sure if I should post this in the suspension sub-forum or misc. move as/if appropriate.

What else would be needed?

I'm fairly new to air ride (except deleting it and converting to springs on the Mark VIII's, and Chevy Tahoe's) however I was reviewing aftermarket ideas...

As far as the actual bags I can find good fronts (Mark VIII units, ford, aftermarket) and Air Ride Eddie is coming out with a beastly set of fronts, rear bags are also currently available as shockwaves or stock mark VIII by making supporting mods (removing upper spring perch, drilling locating pin hole, swapping rear lower control arm)

What is needed as far as aftermarket stuff goes to use those parts with something like a air lift tank and compressor system.

I've seen that people before have cut off and tapped/welded/brazed fittings onto the stock mark stuff. I'm really just more interested in what it takes to control all of them individually.

I'm not looking for some bouncing dancing competition car, but it would be nice to fine tune an air ride system for competitive autocross/drag racing, and to tuck the tires under the fenders and slam the bird to the ground while parking.

What kind of line? What kind of fittings? What size tank? How beefy of a compressor? Twin compressors? Dryer? Aux/Emergency fill ports? Typical bag pressures? Typical tank pressures? Etc...

I know someone here converted and then converted back. Just kicking up some dust...

Also I know it's not most people's cup of tea so can we keep the thread civil?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Air bags / brackets, etc .. front / rear, Fittings (DOT approved), airline 3/8 is fine, 1/2" is big and fast.

Control of system with electronic switches / electric valves, or manual valves.

Gauges, T fittings, etc .. 1/8 or 1/4 is fine here, doesnt need to be large.

Air supply, compressor and tank, or Nitrogen bottle / regulator. Compressors dont need to be too beefy, the huge ones tend to not last as long / vibrate the whole car / draw a lot of power. A decent 33% duty cycle is fine here. Tank minimum size I recommend 3 gallons, more capacity = less compressor running if youre touching the switches a lot .. but larger tank takes up more room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts