TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this quick. The bags are new all around. The rest of the system is original as far as I know. The car drops the front or rear of the car when it is either sitting overnight or when I first start driving. It is not always. There are no small leaks. It drops all the way or none at all. This morning the front of the car dropped as I pulled out of the driveway. The pump timed out and the front didn't get back up, so I turned off the car, flipped the switch off and on, then started it up. The pump didn't run, so I parked it and drove my Bronco all day. I got home tonight and the rear of the car had dropped as well. I started the car and it fully aired up without a problem.

So what could it be? Solenoids? Ride height sensors? That's all I can think of...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seems obvious to me that you are experencing a compressor failure. More exactly, a dump valve within the compressor. I suggest that you go to AmericanAirSuspension.com and read thru their trouble shooting chart.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Seems obvious to me that you are experencing a compressor failure. More exactly, a dump valve within the compressor. I suggest that you go to AmericanAirSuspension.com and read thru their trouble shooting chart.
:zwthstpd: on the www.AmericanAirSuspension.com. Lots of good information (and parts) on that site. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
see erik I told you the pump might be going out. Anyway isn't it great to have a site where your questions can get answered quickly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link! Sadly, I have symptoms of both a bad vent solenoid and a dying compressor. :-| I'll replace the solenoids first and see what happens. Those are very cheap. :p

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Damn that sux. I'd help you install that stuff but I won't be there till Dec/Jan Time frame. Maybe Wade can give you a hand if he is still there. When's he leaving for Basic anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts