TCCoA Forums banner

Mark VIII Aluminum Rear LCA's

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  DLF 
#1 ·
So, if someone had a set of Mark VIII aluminum rear LCA's that they wanted to put on a 1997 Thunderbird, where could they get new bushings to install in it? I heard that stock/stock-type bushings aren't available for these arms.

Thanks,

Dennis

#3 ·
Search search search....

I just did this swap a couple months ago. The bushings are very hard to find.. even stock rubber replacement bushings. I was in luck, the bushings in the Mark VIII LCA's were in better shape than the original stock bushings. That of course is for the INNER bushings...

The outer bushings are the same as the T-birds and you can get them (as has been stated) from SCP.

http://supercoupeperformance.com//Default.aspx

Its probably a good idea to check and replace the toe compensator links as well while you're doin the job.

#6 ·
Why wouldnt the ford dealership have them?

#10 ·
Not DOT approved, I would guess...

#13 ·
I figured liability.

Let's face it, no one, including myself wants to face a lawsuit when somebody whrecks their crap into a pole at 80 MPH and their family and lawyer want to put the blame on someone. It is funny how those things work... the dead guy might not have performed a single thread of maintenance or installed the bushings properly (i.e. torque specs ignored etc), but DLF is spending the next 25 behind bars surfing TCCOA on with his back against the wall.

I was hoping that there might be more supportive comments given on the quality of these components and materials and processes used to make them.

Also, was there a price given for just the inner Mark VIII LCA bushing?

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.