TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,I have a 94 Mark VIII short block,can I just swap the sohc heads on to it?I am going to rebiluid it and get the PI heads if it is that easy.Just wondering since I have it laying around.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
The heads will fit but you will be at a very high CR (11:1) with the PI heads and the 4V pistons. High but doable with the right tune and some race gas. You will need to drill out the coolant passage on the drivers side of the block for the coolant path in the head. You will see where you need the hole drilled when you place the 2V head gasket on the block. The 94-5 Timing cover will fit the 4V motor but the 96+ will not. I would go with ARP studs and Victor Reinez gaskets to keep it tight.

Dr. F
Modular Think Tank

That round mark is where you need to drill the hole in the block so you don't have a dead end for the coolant when installing 2V heads on a 4v block.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...to high CR

Wow that would be to high in the compession ratio for what I want to do.I want to supercharge it eventually.What if I use the 94-98 4.6 heads?Would that be a better combo for a supercharged app.?I see what you are saying about the 4v pistons,they are true flat tops.So the hole thing is basically the same thing you have to do to clevland heads when you put them on a 5.0 or 5.8?I am sorta lost on that.Thank you for pointing that out to me.Have any more tips?
Thanks alot,
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts