1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
W....T....F Seriously. I bet that flows like molasses.

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
A 2-barrel carb on a 4.6DOHC?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Ugh, this local Nevada nimrod is the same one that sells distributor kits. 1 step forward 9 steps back.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
400 hp..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is up with his oil pressure fluxuating so much at idle??? And is the 4.6L designed to run 100 psi oil pressure? :beek:

And you can even hear it isn't idling clean on all cylinders. A factory setup setup that way should be nice and smooth....

What a joke!!!

·
The Parts Guy
7,274 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
As for that guy's manifold.....:facepalm:
You know, Miller has been looking for a good 5.4 intake... Be this guy could weld him one right up.

:rofl:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
400 hp..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is up with his oil pressure fluxuating so much at idle??? And is the 4.6L designed to run 100 psi oil pressure? :beek:

And you can even hear it isn't idling clean on all cylinders. A factory setup setup that way should be nice and smooth....

What a joke!!!
It was also idling below 500 RPM. Not only does this guy not know what he's doing, but he sucks at tuning a carb. This is just so full of fail, it's ridiculous.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
How did he know it gives 100 more HP?
He read it on the internet.
:tongue:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Did you guys notice that crazy distributor thing he has going on?? Thats a new one on me, never seen anything like that before. But yeah, I don't know about that manifold, maybe and a stressfull maybe at that if it was 4bbl. I'll give credit for trying something different though.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
The distrubitor is a racing part. Its not rigged.
The intake manifold is a fail, but there is carb. intakes for two and four valve engines.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very strange. Room to cook a 14 lb roast beef under the intake. That's a plus.

I thought it strange that it's so quiet with open manifolds. I'll keep my EFI thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts