TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 96 Mark VIII. Nice car but it has a few bugs to be ironed out. The one that concerns me now is the radiator fan. The fan runs anytime the ignition is on
regardless of whether the AC is on or not. The coolant temp stays in the normal range while the engine is running. I don't have a manual yet so I can't track down the coolant temp switch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The fan running while ignition on may be the Coolant Temp Sensor has failed. Unplugging the electrical connector out of the CTS out has the same effect: fan constantly running. Are you showing any CE lights?
I had the same issue a while back in my Cougar, but ended up being one of the wires going into the connector broke off. I fixed it by going to a junk yard, unplugging the elect. connector and snipping the wires off about 2 inches up and splicing into my car's harness for the CTS.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I have a fan controller on my Mark fan . She never gets over 200F:) even after the bird it cut off the fan will cycle on & off still the water gets back around 130. LOL the gauge in the dash sets below halfway .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a CE light. I've never worked on a Mod motor so I have no Idea where that sensor is located.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris. I just got this car Saturday. I'm trying to locate a service manual now. Preferably a paper version but I'll take what I can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts