TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All for a good cause...

This car is in remarkably goodshape in lots of areas, and typical in others.
I am most impressed by the attention to detail, the quality of the fasteners, the premium insulation, etc that Lincoln uses. These cars were built with more care and better materials than the MN12 I have.
Implementing all those little premiums should really finish out the Cougar well. Part of the fun is being able to drive comfortably for long distances at high speeds and enjoy the company in the other seats.

·
Super Moderator
8,006 Posts
Given that you're parting it, any chance the driver's seat trim is in good shape? If so, how much shipped to 07724?

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,207 Posts
Nice car!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plan for is for me to harvest the car and get all item into dry storage with an inventory. Then my son will be handling most transactions logistically. I will help him as much as possible.

As you can see, it's all very clean, everything works. I have been careful and patient. We intend to use all the best pieces to optimize the Cougar. All other items will be sold here or on my son's eBay store. TCCOA members come first.

RD

Make a note that the seats are gone, but I have a pair of worn Cougar seats grey.

·
Registered
1994 XR7 , 46 most every option. 66.000 miles. rustfree, from washington state.
343 Posts
The plan for is for me to harvest the car and get all item into dry storage with an inventory. Then my son will be handling most transactions logistically. I will help him as much as possible.

As you can see, it's all very clean, everything works. I have been careful and patient. We intend to use all the best pieces to optimize the Cougar. All other items will be sold here or on my son's eBay store. TCCOA members come first.

RD

Make a note that the seats are gone, but I have a pair of worn Cougar seats grey.
how worn are the seat covers ? got any really good pics. might be some useable panels ?

dont need the whole seats though!

thank you ! irv toms

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
14 Posts
Is the steering column, door locks, trunk lock and keys available? Looking to swap a telescoping column into a Tbird. Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took out the dash and column last night.
I can't knowingly sell a part I know is not correct and might be unsafe. It did operate okay but was loose in the dash area. The guide tracks for the telescope feature fell out of the assembly, causing excessive play.

I don't believe it was dangerous, but it surely was not correct.

However, I can dispose of it.

If you are nearby, you can come get it, but I will probably swipe the air bag.

If you really want it and it must be shipped, it has to be worth the effort somehow.

Let me know. Sorry if I was abrupt, but I really will not sell stuff that is not right.

RD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the knuckles are off, all control arms removed. Dash is out. Carpet is out. Harness is free to the firewall.

The CV shafts are saved and all cleaned up, we saved all the knuckles, cleaned them up. We will Refurbish the rears (new wheel bearings, new hubs) for immediate installation with the CV shafts in the Cougar.
We are keeping the front control arms and knuckles as spares, re-using the Calipers. We have new hubs and bearings in front already, our front Coil overs are at least new, custom lowered springs. We will use new upper and lower ball joints, new strut rod bushings.

Next is remove the fuel tank and lines to the filter, drop the drive shaft out, and drop the IRS frame out with the diff still in it.
Then we will take out the cooling system and ac system, and remove the fuel rail and regulator. After that, prep the trans for removal and prep the engine for removal.

Nah, it's cool. I appreciate the honesty
Okay. I will give the parts to you, but it might not be a fruitful venture. Sorry.
RD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Latest photos of the Mark being undressed.

I plan to remove the wire harness intact as a challenge from my son Taylor.
I bet I can do it, I have plenty saw all blades if it gets challenging.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it looks like this may be the week I pull the Mark engine. I did pretty well yesterday.
Ac lines all removed, dryer/accumulator included. Power steering pump out, lines out, radiator and condenser out, fuel lines all free, tank straps loose and lines off firewall. EGR, AIR inject system out, manifolds off, DPFE, lines removed, harness freed, mostly unplugged. Heater box free, one bolt left. Throttle and cruise cables out. IMRC box off block, motor mount bolts out.

A couple things:
I am going to need help with some plumbing later, photos of what goes where.
I am also going to be in need of wiring instructions, going from wasted spark dual coils to COP and any other things that are wise to do.

And I need a tune when I finally get it together. I was planning on using Don Lasota prior to scoring the Mark engine. I don't know if he makes a practice of 4v swaps, and feel I should use one of the TCCOA members. Any advice is welcome. I will take pictures when it stops raining here.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,364 Posts
Here's Oscar's old writeup on the COP conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
We have a 1995 same color with the gray interior. I was looking for a drivers door panel in that trim color,
Not a deal breaker, but ours does not have the extra bose speakers in the panels.
Also looking foe a few other small interior parts ... A good rear view mirror W/ Compass (Our bracket is all brittle from the sun) ...
There's a few more, but I'll wait to hear from you and see if yours is gray ...

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts