TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I agree but everything is going to black eventually. I was in a hurry to get the car back together so a few things here and there didnt get painted. You ever finish your interior?

-Joel

·
Registered
483 Posts
that blue looks cool to me, then again i have green...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Stryker said:
that blue looks cool to me, then again i have green...
then i am sure the grey ,tan and blue interior look wonderful to you! that green is just awful

also, the 94+ is not for the meek, its a pita and took tons and tons of time. its lots of fab and wiring, wiring. oh the wiring. i adapted my 92s wiring to the newer dash and oh my god. it was a nightmare. i ended up paying one of my mechanic friends to finish fixing the wiring. other than that. you really need the upper dash mount out of a donor car. and if your staying 3.8 i would gut a whole 94-95 and swap the entire harnesses car to car. it would be less work than what i went through. other than that its painfully simple. every thign is a bolt on, other that the wleding of the seat belt nut if your doing away with the auto belts. and you just have to cut a few slots in the pilalrs and floor for mouldings. also youll need the carpet out of newer car so you dont have the gap in the carpet next to the seat and console, you also have to change the heater plenum for the newer style control being it doesnt use a cable liek the 89-93

·
Registered
313 Posts
Gcline said:
my 93 had all black interior. I guess it was only from 89-93 that had all black.
Yeah a black interior is pretty hard to find. My buddy has one of 11 cougars that where black on black in '90

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'm curious how he confirmed only 11 black on black 1990 Cougars were produced? Is that kind of production info avail online or does he have an inside line to a buddy at Ford who looked it up...?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
KJH95 said:
Yeah a black interior is pretty hard to find. My buddy has one of 11 cougars that where black on black in '90
Well I believe I have seen at least half that many in the junk yards so I find that hard to believe. I am only counting SC cougars as those are the only ones I usually pay attention too from those years. Hell I know where one is right now, black on real nice black cloth with 5-speed sitting in a junkyard such a shame :(

-Miller

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
KJH95 said:
Not to sound like a nay-sayer here, but I don't buy that for a New York minute unless he's got a printout from ford that says that. If he does, I'd like to see it.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,245 Posts
originally posted by miller1995

Well I believe I have seen at least half that many in the junk yards so I find that hard to believe. I am only counting SC cougars as those are the only ones I usually pay attention too from those years. Hell I know where one is right now, black on real nice black cloth with 5-speed sitting in a junkyard such a shame

-Miller
how long ago was this? i think i saw the same car last time i went yard shopping

i've been thinking of getting the wheels

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
XR7-4.6 said:
how long ago was this? i think i saw the same car last time i went yard shopping

i've been thinking of getting the wheels
Matt - It was at Victory a few weeks ago, not sure if it's still there but the car was complete when I saw it.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
not yet joel.. i decided to take the easy way and start painting the rubbery parts. i sprayed it silver, laid down pinstriping, then sprayed black. took the tape off.. cleared it.. as of now i only have teh console top done. but as soon as it gets warmer out, i'll get back on it. right now, the interior is fighting a losing battle.. its all muddy and stuff. lmao. any ideas on the type of vinyl dye to use on my dash? and did you remove your dash before you sprayed, or just put a cover over the rest of teh interior?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i might get around to buying some leather before too long and redoing it.. but i was getting sick of the rubber coming off. so.. maybe in teh future... isnt there a stretchy, self adhesive leather stuff? anyone know where to find it?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
My dash was out when I sprayed it. Clean it up good. Use SEM, duplicolor isnt holding up too well.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah.. i heard about the sem.. rather expensive, but probably worth it in the end. but do you think that armor all might help with the fading? it does have UV protection...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Perhaps 303 Aerospace Protectant would be a better choice for UV protection... I refuse to use Amour All on my cars anymore. Long term it does some nasty stuff to plastics.

The 303 leaves a nice semi-gloss sort of sheen.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts