TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A set of Mark VIII LCA's with Delrin Bushings and light weight UHMW Spring Perches. Also included, the correct Mark VIII LCA to Knuckle Torx Bolts.

MN-12 LCA's weigh more than 23 lbs., these are just over 17 lbs. with the perches, so you can save ~12 lbs. of unsprung weight.

$600 Shipped (lower 48).

These are the shorter perches (not for use with AirLift air bags), add $25 for taller perches for use with air bags.

Pictures HERE.

·
Registered
55 Posts
delrin bushings for mark 8 LCAs

hi

I was reading on your site that the delrin bushings are not suitable for the street? why is that? what sort of bushing upgrade would you suggest that is compatable with street/strip/highway driving?

I have a complete IRS from my old Mark 8 that I would like to swap into my 96 thunderbird, does anyone make a complete replacement bushing kit and body mount kit out of polyurethane or similar materials, would like to upgrade as much of the rear suspension as possible when I swap this IRS in

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use them one the street, as do others. However, there is no warranty, and you will have to use them at your own risk. It's strictly a matter of liability.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use them one the street, as do others. However, there is no warranty, and you will have to use them at your own risk. It's strictly a matter of liability.
hi

ok i can understand that but can you tell me what the risk is? do they wear out faster with street driving or have other chararistics that are not suited to a daily driver?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't believe there is any risk, the ride will be a bit firmer, but I haven't noticed any noticable increase in NVH.

You can read the comments of others HERE and HERE

They'll probably outlast your car. Delrin is a very stong material and I have the aluminum spacers Mil-Spec hardcoated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't believe there is any risk, the ride will be a bit firmer, but I haven't noticed any noticable increase in NVH.

You can read the comments of others HERE and HERE

They'll probably outlast your car. Delrin is a very stong material and I have the aluminum spacers Mil-Spec hardcoated.
would there be any issues do you think with using some delrin bushings in the back and other bushings that are polyurethane, sorry Im not familiar with the durometer ratings of polyurethane vs delrin

what I want to do is rebuild my entire suspension on my 96 t-bird LX, and upgradeas mush of the bushings as possible, do you make those rear subframe bushings as well or does anyone else? I have a lincoln mark 8 rear IRS I want to put on my bird and upgrade as much as possible

thanks for the info

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would there be any issues do you think with using some delrin bushings in the back and other bushings that are polyurethane, sorry Im not familiar with the durometer ratings of polyurethane vs delrin

what I want to do is rebuild my entire suspension on my 96 t-bird LX, and upgradeas mush of the bushings as possible, do you make those rear subframe bushings as well or does anyone else? I have a lincoln mark 8 rear IRS I want to put on my bird and upgrade as much as possible

thanks for the info
Where do you intend to use Poly? The Poly knuckle bushings aren't very good, and don't last very long.

I use all stock Ford bushings in the front, except the sway bar bushings.

In the rear, everything is Delrin, except inner UCA bushings (stock Ford) and the sway bar bushings.

I don't know anyone who makes replacements for the sub-frame bushings. I haven't yet had to, as mine are OK.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts