TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, having a 98 Mark VIII DOHC installed in my 94 Bird, the mechanic doesn't think it will fit with Mark oil pan, do I have to use my Bird's oil pan or maybe go aftermarket or will it fit as is? By the way I did use the search button without any luck. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol thats vicious :p I thank you for the confirmation, I figured it would fit since the MN12 and FN10 are pretty much the same except around the driver area if I remember correctly. I also would like to get the cobra oil pump and cobra water pump, I have the part number for the oil pump, does anyone know the part number for the water pump? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Seriously get a different mechanic....is this the same mechanic that said that the drivers side exhaust manifold catalytic assembly wouldn't fit? If so you need to find someone more in the know.

·
Super Moderator
10,332 Posts
Hey everyone, having a 98 Mark VIII DOHC installed in my 94 Bird, the mechanic doesn't think it will fit with Mark oil pan, do I have to use my Bird's oil pan or maybe go aftermarket or will it fit as is? By the way I did use the search button without any luck. :)

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=7244&highlight=mark+VIII+oil+pan+swap

(At least) As far back as 2002 people have been dong this swap on SOHC engines to get the extra oil capacity. And oil level sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts