TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just joined the forum. I probably first viewed the TCCOA site over 15 years ago via links from the Lincoln Of Distinctions Forum.

This site always had great tech articles and offers more to any MN12 owner via the inclusion of all variants than the Mark VIII sites. I figured it was time to join as it looks like my current Mark will be getting some upgrades and I'd also like to share some of my automotive knowledge. I spent 20 plus years in the tire business (mostly wholesale for GY), but I am an avid DIY'er and have restored many cars in the last 30 years, doing almost everything (well everything but auto transmissions).

I have been a Mustang NUT since 15 and I still love Mustangs and own 3 1970's and a 1996 Saleen Cobra, but for daily driving duties you can't be a Thunderbird. I was a longtime owner of a 1985 Turbo Coupe and graduated to a string of Mark VIII's. I still own 3 including my daily driver 1998 that has only 92000 on it. 5 years ago this month I was run off the road and my Mark VIII saved my life thanks to its good constructions, the air bag, and the seat belt. I didn't drive much for the first 3 years after the accident due to 6 operations, but when I did I got another Mark VIII to match the one that met its end.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this site over the years, past and present, because it is an absolutely wealth of great information. I hope I can add a little bit to that also.

Brian

Included pics of my previous Mark VIII before and after the crash.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,006 Posts
Damn dude! Glad you made it out of there alive!

Also, welcome to the forums. Where in NJ are you? Got any pics of your current MarkVIII's? And what upgrades are you planning?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacement Mark VIII and my other Marks

I'm in South Jersey, town of Tabernacle. Its basically the middle of the Pine Barrens off Rt 70. Philly 30 minutes to the west, LBI 30 to the east.

Here's a picture of my current Mark. It took me a few months, but I found an exact match of 98 Silver/Grey to the wrecked car. Friends told me I was crazy to buy the exact same car due to the aftermath, but I have no regrets. These are the only pics I have.

I have since upgradedto 17" Wheels - Motegis with 235/55R17 Goodyears.
Replaced springs with Eibach 1.5" lowered, and upgraded brakes to slotted and drilled.

Next up are external trans filter, cooler and thermostat, stereo system, and probably some door poppers. I also picked up a set of Cobra heads (primarily for the intake cams) plus a Cobra intake. I really want a 5 speed.

My White 97 LSC & 94 are probably going to become parts cars. I may try something crazy with the 94 as its a great running car with a rebuilt trans, that I hit a deer with.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dam that looks like a heckuva crash glad you're OK, I also drive a Mark VIII and love mine. I'd probably cry of someone smashed mine. Like you ive been into Mustangs and have built a bunch of them over the years for friends and a couple for myself. But for daily drivers Thunderbirds and Lincoln's are the way to go. Mark VIIs are basically big mustangs that have twice the room inside and ride 100 times better and Thunderbirds ride and drive great, run just as good but no air ride to mess with!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts