TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Mustang (2000 model) GT's rotors and pads fit the Mark VIII (1998 LSC)? I have a friend who has new rotors and pads but just upgraded to a full Baer brake install.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The Rotors won't fit without a hub swap, (or redrilling the rotors).

The GT pads wont fit the Mark VIII calipers.

The Mark VIII already has larger rotors than the Mustang GT. It has a big single piston Caliper instead of the dual piston caliper that the Mustang uses.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Do you want convert to the GTs PBR dual piston calipers?

Like mentioned, to do that and use the rotors you would need to get them drilled for our bolt pattern, and the hub is a different size (but it is larger, so it will fit, but should have a hub centric ring). Probably be better off getting Thunderbird/Cougar non Sport rotors and using them if you want the dual piston calipers (which you never say you do, but I don't see wanting to use the rotor and pads only on a Mark VIII).

I went from the same brakes you have on my 97 Sport to the GT PBRs and I like them, but they aren't enough for me. I put the Sport brakes on my 89, and I don't know if I will put the GT PBRs on it when they become "spares" when the 97 gets the Cobra big brakes.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, I went from the Sport brakes (Mark VIII) brakes on the LE to GT PBR's and I'm not sure they were any better than the Mark brakes. If I had it to do all over again, i'd probably just keep the Sport Brakes. Now, since the new car has the tiny standard brakes, and I just sold the Sport Brakes, the PBR's are coming off of the LE and going on the new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts