TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the redline on a 94 Mark VIII, sounds like a dumb question but I have the motor, its in my car, and my car runs like a raped ape. But I had her in drive, and the Tach kept going. I know the redline is higher, but how high is it? When should I expect the shift to come? When will I hit the rev limiter? There is still a rev limiter right? I really need to do something with gears pronto...50 MPH in first gear is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird man, I have gotten a lot of different answeres on this. Someone told me 6500 shift and 6800 limiter, so I went out and took it to 6500 and it shifted at 6500. Not gonna try the limiter because I have been getting told that there isn't any power up there any more and I don't want to abuse it that much. This motor is problaby the first time that when I shift I do it before the car would have done it itself.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The numbers for the LSC's are in the overall section of the tech articles, I had to go search for the non-LSC numbers, I knew the numbers but had to find what RPM they occured at, pretty close to what I found, the thing I read said 5500 for peak power. Any one know where I could see an actual curve for power and torque on a slightly modded non-LSC Mark? Just kind of curious, slightly modded or stock since I have exhaust, colder plugs and the FRPP wires, just kind of wondering how high it is actually advantageous to rev the motor to in a racing situation, balance of the power falling off at higher RPM and where the RPM falls back to after the shift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.