TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mark VIII isn't getting the greatest mileage and since I got the Xcal2 last week I decided to datalog it and see if I can find a problem. The o2's seem to switch just fine at idle but once on the highway both read rich and stay there with the cruise set at 60mph and also once I get home and let it idle the o2's still stay at a rich reading. I think the car is going back into Open loop mode. After I got back I found the Open_loop_flag PID and set that and it stays at a Value of 1, does a value of 1 mean open or closed loop? If its in open loop which sensors control the EEC's ability to go into closed loop.

I kinda think it is going back to open loop mode and I don't really know why. The only code I'm seeing relates to the secondary Air pump which shouldn't have anything to do with keeping it out of closed loop. Coolant temp reads correctly while data logging, TPS seems good, MAF seems good (looked clean but cleaned it anyhow). I'm really scratching my head on this one. Car has also recieved new 764 autolites, 8 new COP boots, 1 new COP, PCV, and a cam sensor in the last 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, after about 3 hours of searching I found out that I am in Open loop caused by secondary air pump since the EEC doesn't know if its pumping air into the exhaust or not. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts