TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I want a Mark 8. I really want a 97 or 98 LSC. Prefferably a 98 because of the rear LED breaklight =) Is there a difference in LSC's? Horsepower differences, options.. etc? Is there anything to look for when buyin a gen 2 mark 8? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks! Also: What options did they have? Anything neat that isnt available with our birds/ cougars? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
'97 and '98 Mark VIII, (known as GENeration 2, vs. GEN 1 for 93-96), both have the rear LED light assembly. Neat - until it goes out - it's around $600!!

The LSC is rated 290hp vs. Base model 280hp, LSC has 3.27 rear end vs. 3.07 in Base, LSC has color matched grille, trim, etc., vs. chrome on Base.

Besides the DOHC vs. SOHC engine difference from the T-Bird, the other big difference in running gear is the full air suspension in the Mark VIII vs. coil springs in the T-Bird.

For tons of Mark VIII info, check out www.markviii.org - you'll find anything you ever might want to know over there. Look for the FAQ first - it really covers a lot of frequently asked questions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
if its on a dealers lot, try this...

take it for a test drive late saturday, if you get to do it alone, (i always have) get out somewhere near the end of your ride, and go to the trunk and shut off the Air Ride system from the trunk. its on the drivers side. drive it back to teh dealer, and let it sit.. come back on sunday and see if it still sits at the right height.. if one or two corners looks low, or even slammed to the ground, the air bags leak..

thats about the big thing for them...

once you test drive one and buy it, you will probably see as i did that it is just BEGGING for a j-mod in the tranny.. its really soft shifting...but its a luxury car, old people dont like firm shifts :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I thought all the gen 2 Mark's will LSC's? I thought they quit the 280 hp engine when they went to the gen 2. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
I thought all the gen 2 Mark's will LSC's? I thought they quit the 280 hp engine when they went to the gen 2. I could be wrong though.
Nope, the LSC was available from 95-98...but you could get a 280HP base model during the whole run.

The extra 10HP comes from the LSC's true dual exhuast. So if you mod a base model and put similar exhaust, you would have about the same power

·
Registered
79 Posts
JURGEN, here is a whole thread on the base numbers for your friends year Mark.

Dyno Numbers

Let me know what mods are planned. PM me for a list of suggestions. I've got a good one not many people know about, DOHC only. Good luck with it.

Eli

·
Registered
859 Posts
Different stuff from the Thunderbird? How about heated front seats and HID headlamps! Those are two awesome things avialable on the '97&'98 Mark VIII's.

Thomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts