TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a wrecked Mark that I don't know what the owner is going to do with it... It's been sitting for several months that I know of, probably longer. It was wrecked in the front, not sure what year... LOOKS 95-97, but not sure. What would the seas (black leather) be worth, or more importantly, how do you think they would look with my green interior (They will fit in an MN12, right)? Just wondering what stuff might be worth in the off chance I might be able to "aquire" it....

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the VIN, found out it's a '94. 94 MArks are EEC-IV, right? How much of a hassle would it be to make the motor work with an EEC-V car? How much is acctually different (electrically; does it have most of the same sensors, just different values?)? What is the 94 rated at? Isn't it something like 290hp? Would it be worth it to drop the engine in my 95 in place of the PI engine?

I know the driveshaft we all covet is from a '93; would it be safe to assume that while not as good as one from a 93, the 94 driveshaft would be better than our stock driveshafts?

About how much do you guess the car might be worth totalled? I'm sure insurance has totalled it (both airbags blown), and I'm not really sure what it would take to repair the bamage; off the top, I'd say hoot, bumper/cover, radiator, condenser, DS fender, probably repair/replace radiator support. That's guessing from looking at it briefly.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
The seats will bolt right in, even the back seat.I had them in my 96 Thunderbird.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Cougar281 said:
Would it be worth it to drop the engine in my 95 in place of the PI engine?
I'd say no, keep the PI motor in your 95. With the time and money you spend on swapping the DOHC in, you could mod your SOHC to out perform it.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Aaron K. said:
I'd say no, keep the PI motor in your 95. With the time and money you spend on swapping the DOHC in, you could mod your SOHC to out perform it.
Time I wouldn't be worried about in the least.... realistically, how much would it really cost to drop it in? I would think the biggest money would be the tune... I already have the flasher, so it wouldn't (shouldn't) be as expensive. It shouldn't take TOO much work... Suposedly, the 94 mark was rated @ 280 HP, which is probably 30-50 more than the PI motor is likley putting out....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you end up installing those seats? If so what wires did you use? I'm trying to install seats from the same year (94). I got everything to work except foward/backward movement on the passenger seat. I haven't even touched the driver seat yet though.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Found this for ya in a quick search.

pablo59 said:
This info is for 8 Way Power seats w/Lumbar

Driver's Seat

On the driver's seat find the bundle of wires coming from a square 12 wire plug.
You will need the following wires spliced into you factory T-Bird connector

1. Gray/ Red stripe +
2. Black/ White stripe *
3. 2nd Black/ White stripe *
4. Orange +
5. Black *
6. 2nd Black *
7. Find the group of plugs close to the center of the car(right side of driver seat) that have rectangular plugs with only 8 wires.
8. Red/ Blue stripe +
9. White +

ON THE WIRES MAKED WITH * I CANNOT RECALL IF THEY ARE + OR - TRY COMBINATIONS TILL THEY WORK. BOTH BLACKS TOGETHER ALWAYS, BOTH BLACK/WHITE STRIPE TOGETHER ALWAYS. (THOUGH, IF I WERE TO MAKE A BET ON MY MEMORY THE BLACK/WHITE STRIPES ARE +)

Passenger seat.

On this seat there are not as many plugs so I won't bother with that info.

1. White/ Purple stripe +
2. Grey/ Red stripe +
3. Orange +
4. Black *
5. 2nd Black *
6. Black/ White stripe *
7. 2nd Black/ White stripe *

Same info with the black and black/white wires as above.

You should be able to get them going with this info. I just cut the factory seat connectors off and spliced all the Mark VIII wires to it on each seat. Once that is completed just plug them up and you should be good to go. On the Passenger side there is only on set of factory wires 1 +, 1 -. It is fairly simple.

To finish the install I wraped all the wires in new wire loom and sat back and drank a beer while playing with my new found luxury.
Rob

·
Registered
95 Posts
girdnerg said:
Found this for ya in a quick search.

Rob
I've seen that as well, plenty of times. Thing is it doesn't seem to match my seats. For instance on the driver side I can only seem to find one black w/ white and the passenger seat only seems to have one black.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That's the best I can do for ya as I haven't done it myself. I just remembered seeing that recently and thought it would help.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts