TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gotten a spoiler to look right on an MN12 Mark VIII? The one Lincoln Motorsports is alright but not pronounced enough for me and is kinda pricey. Has anyone got pics of Mark Viii's with spoilers? I was thinkin even maybe a slaeen like my bird (gonna get flamed for that). Can anyone photoshop a saleen spoiler on a mark or a 71-73 mach 1 two poster? Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
FN10 Mark VIII :D

I know I have never seen a Mark VIII with a spoiler on it except in photos. And then most of them were the LMS ones. I know the rear contour of the hood just doesn't make most aftermarket ones look right. :bawling:

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FN10 Mark VIII :thumbsd:
MN12 Mark VIII:thumbsup:

Just my opinion. I am not a fan of the FN10s except for the tailight (which has a nasty tendency to become a water resevoir.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
To my knowledge, "FN10" is the platform for all Mark VIII's (93 - 98) and "MN12" is the platform for the 89 - 97 T'Birds and Cougars.

What are you considering a MN12 Mark VIII? The Gen I's (93 - 96?). No big deal, I've just never heard anyone call a Mark VIII an MN12. :D

And hey, "which has a nasty tendency to become a water resevoir", my car resembles that remark. :D :bawling: :tongue:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Mark VIII was never a mn12 as they have always been fn10 93-98

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Mark VII=fox even if you don't want to admit it is related to a 78 Fairmont!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
We are not talking about a mark VII dude.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
just my opinion but i don't think the mach 1 would look right. its meant for something with a flat trunk lid. too much curve with the mark but that's just my opinion. i'd definitely stick with something ath wouldn't have any gap between it and the trunk lid

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was under the impression that the first gens are an MN12 because that is the chassis they are based off of...and the second gens are FN10s because they use a completely different chassis for those two years.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They don't use a compeletly different chassis for the gen II's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts