TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the WIP mark viii articles said the part # for the mark viii tc was F8LZ-7902-BARM. THis part on fordparts cost $189.. if you go to the mark viii section (1998) and find the tc, it cost $139. Just curious what the deal is

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
ZackG said:
One of the WIP mark viii articles said the part # for the mark viii tc was F8LZ-7902-BARM. THis part on fordparts cost $189.. if you go to the mark viii section (1998) and find the tc, it cost $139. Just curious what the deal is
it also might include the core charge.

Frank

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
SanDiegoLXBird said:
That PN probably shows up for the Mustang, too. And we all know that mustang parts are more expensive than other parts.
You think so????????? Go price a set of Mark VIII valve covers vs. a set of Cobra Valve covers, and rethink that. They even have both part numbers on them, because they are the exact same thing, but the Mark ones are considerably higher. Lincoln means more bucks than Mustang ever will, and the converters cost the same.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I thought about that, but do you really know what you're getting? It may not be the right stall speed, etc. I'll do the safe bet and buy mine from Ford.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fdawg97lx got it right, the part # way gives you exactly $50 more (and i never actually did read that it said $50 core charge added). hahaha. Boy im a dummy. And while im on the subject, my tranny went, but i can not find an inline magnetic tranny filter, can someone help me find one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts