TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I tried searching but got no real answers, anyways I'm considering putting my Mark VIII on a diet, w/ the engine nearing 228k it'll porbably do it some good if i lighten the load also. Anyways my question is if anyone on here has some advice where i should start. I want to keep the comfort tolerable as I will be driving it around for about a year or so. I've already starting by removing the back seat (must've been at least close to 85-90 lbs). I'm famaliar with ways to lighten a Tbird but the Fn10 chassis is different and I didn't wanna go tearing up the foam under the carpet etc etc and be miserable while driving it, so any input on some who knows about this is much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
the back seat is nowhere near 85-90 lbs, even the sc fold down doesnt weigh that much. also, the fn10 not completely different, they are 99% the same in just about every way besides sheetmetal and interior, so weight reduction for birds can apply to marks.

in terms of getting rid of weight and not losing comfort, ditch the air ride and everything related to it and go to coil springs. get rid of all the misc clumps of sound deadening stuffed into the 1/4 panel, under the carpet, and anywhere else you can find. lose the big plastic engine cover(if yours has it). that is really all i can think of keeping it simple, but it still weighs 4000lbs, and if you're concerned about weight you picked the wrong car:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw even with me in it with everything left alone it weighed in @ 3912 lbs on a truck scale (the one at truck stops), and i guess i was either weak that day or something cause it took me and my dad to wrestle the seat out, maybe there's some heavy crap stuck up inside the seat, wouldn't doubt it haha, yeh engine cover was taken off a while back, how about taken some off the unneeded stuff behind the dash? namely the a/c and whatever else in there i don't need,
thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts