TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 95 lincoln mark VIII, it's in excellent shape cosmetically, the interior is beutiful wiht a bit of wear on the top of the steering wheel and the drivers seat but nothing bad, I havent driven it yet, but I poped the hood, the engine looks clean and it has fairly fresh looking oil in it, and the trans. fluid looks fairly new too, it has all options, CD changer in trunk etc. very nice tint job, the only mod is a K&N panel filter, and possibly an exhaust system, i't's a damn nice car, but it has 150K on it...they want 6500 bucks for it, and I'd be able to trade my focus on it & even though I'm upside down with a car that low in price I'd be okay on payments still and be actually financing less then I owe on my focus. Think I should go for this car? do mark 8's have tons of problems when the miles get on them? it appears to have been cared for...also there is a red 96 bird with 50K and it is absolutely immaculate for the same price, the only downside is that it's a V6....has anyone ever put a 4.6 into a 3.8 bird?

thanks

Earl

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
doing a v8 swap into a car that started as a v6 is probably more hassle than it would be worth for you. i would probably give the mark a good checking, if the price is right with those kind of miles id definetly go with it over the v6

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
$6500 for a '95 Mark VIII with 150K miles is a lot. If all the major components, (air suspension, etc.), haven't already been replaced, you'll be looking a major expenses fairly soon. With K&N, exhaust, and tint, you can bet the car wasn't driven just to church be a little old lady. Look at prices on eBay, etc., and you'll find much better deals. Check Autotrader.com also. I think if you wait and look around, you'll find a much better deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts