TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
LOL, more like $1700 if they can even get that. Thats what the cars cost brand new ..

Hey theres a really good deal on a local SC in my area - 1995 5 speed SC, in Black ( needs new paint, but body is good ) .. good running condition, $1250 !!!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,323 Posts
generally people outside the club who own these cars are...well... morons. they act like they have a Ferrari Enzo because they have a bird thats supercharged from the factory.

(small rant on these kinds of sellers): if your going to ask a stupidly high price for a car worth a fraction of it, include more than 1 blurry ****** picture!!!

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
generally people outside the club who own these cars are...well... morons. they act like they have a Ferrari Enzo because they have a bird thats supercharged from the factory.

(small rant on these kinds of sellers): if your going to ask a stupidly high price for a car worth a fraction of it, include more than 1 blurry ****** picture!!!
ahahahahah. so true. so true. i rather have a v8 vs a sc. theres more you can get out of a v8 vs a v6

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
dime a dozen up here. verytime im on craigs list theres at least 5 scs under 1000 and everytime i go to the yard theres at least two scs

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Yeah, maybe in 15 years from now after most of the SC's have been crushed and parted out, we'll see how much they are worth with the handful that remains.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahahahahah. so true. so true. i rather have a v8 vs a sc. theres more you can get out of a v8 vs a v6
I have my SC but have me eye on picking up a V8 as well. I just love T-Birds, started back when my dad bought a 1978 Diamond Jubilee Edition T-Bird, that thing was a tank but just something cool and unique about them.

Really a shame that its always had to play second fiddle to the pony car but I think thats what has attracted me to them, not as mainstream.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts

outside the club? lol

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I would love to find a SC in great shape for less than $2000 with less than 100K miles. I mean a car that is ready to drive cross country that I can take to a car show with out being embarrased.

·
Banned
613 Posts
check mine out...only thing is im trying to get 3500 for it. has some mods....going to do suspension on it after i fix door hinge lol and new tires maybe some cobra wheels also.

also new rebuilt tranny.. like rocket

·
Registered
253 Posts
I saw an article in MM&FF on the most affordable ford cars to obtain for a build. The MN12 chassis cars were on the list and it said buys these cars up now because the value is expected to go up. I thought that seemed kind of strange

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
mn12 worth more??? I seriously doubt it. Like it was mentioned before I see lots of people who don't give 2 craps about taking care of their SC birds or LX birds. But then again I see lots of nice birds/cats on the road too. Its a toss up between brains and money, so long as enough of both exist the car will survive to see another day or another owner who has more $$$/brains.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Stock for stock the supercoupes were faster. They also had the optional manual transmission that none of the LX's had. I won't knock SC's they are fun to drive.
Alan

1 - 20 of 58 Posts