TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Northern Virginia Mustang Club is holding a track day September 27th at Mason Dixon... Who wants to go ? Cost is $75 at the gate(Would have been $50 if I knew about it earlier) 4-hours of racing so you can easily get over 15 runs. Gates open at 7am. PM me if you would like to attend so I can contact Ceece Coburn to let him know we are coming by to beat up a few mustangs...well,I won't maybe you can :D

Chris C.

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
LOL ... Wish I could make it.

Have fun.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
LOL ... Wish I could make it.

Have fun.
Not as bad as I wish you and I could both make it!!!!

Just Say in!!!!! Hope you have a good fall Ron.

Chris, let me know what you are planning to do. I may try to go over depending on what I may have scheduled here.

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Yea, we'd have torn some Mustangs up.

You have a good fall too Steve. I hope you're feeling well enough to get some hunting in before the seasons' over.

I'll be putting my "kills" in come November ... if not before. I hope to get to the track more than once this fall.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, I plan on going this Saturday with my friend who has a 2001 trans am...will be his first time at the track. I'll be running my street tires though,doubt you want me to come by at 6-6:30am to borrow a jack/tools haha. I plan to buy what I need for track days after Christmas. Gates open at 7am..racing starts at 8am and racing ends at 12pm.

Chris C.

·
2,643 Posts
Steve, I plan on going this Saturday with my friend who has a 2001 trans am...will be his first time at the track. I'll be running my street tires though,doubt you want me to come by at 6-6:30am to borrow a jack/tools haha. I plan to buy what I need for track days after Christmas. Gates open at 7am..racing starts at 8am and racing ends at 12pm.

Chris C.
Don't make a rats azz to me if you come by then. I'll be up anyway!!!

Plan your time and come by and pick the stuff up.

I may just have to come over and get a rubber buzz myself and holler at you guys that morning.

Get those damn front spacers.

Looks like decent weather early Saturday, if the track will hook.

JP, did you get your issue resolved yet??

·
2,643 Posts
I'll see. I may just come over to see how you guys are doing!!

·
2,643 Posts
Nice seeing you guys today. Good getting out to the track and seeing some old friends as well.

Good job today guys considering the fog and conditions early.

Turned out to be a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
So where are the numbers? :tongue:

I trust you guys had a good day at the track?

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Glad to hear you're making progress. That's a very respectable time for an N/A Mark VIII.

You might want to talk to Rob and - schedule permitting - bring it down to our Thanksgiving meet and let him take a look at it while you're here.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Not bad. Looks like you could use a better torque converter.

·
2,643 Posts
Not bad. Looks like you could use a better torque converter.

Yeah, looks like he could use a torque converter, gears, tune, etc. Bone stock Mark VIII Swap into a MN12 and its doing pretty well.

Stock mark converter, stock tranny no j-mod, 3.08 open rear, no tune, I'd say it is doing pretty well. Not bad for DA's ove 1000 ft at Mason Dixon yesterday.

Like I told you Chris, you know what you need to do.

Well, nothing to brag about but we fixed a couple gremlins and the tune is definitely a work in progress.

But we ended up 21 thousandths shy of 12's for the day with 104+ mph trap speeds.

It still is launching like a slug. The best sixty foot time was 1.9xx.
With better air and track along with some more tweaking on that tune it'll be bad JP. Wish there had been more time to play with the tune after you got the other things sorted out.

At least progress was made and great to see that thing make full on passes. Its pulling it azz off on the top end. Definitely need to deal with that 60' problem. That launch really hurts a 4250 lb boat anchor LOL!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Glad to hear you're making progress. That's a very respectable time for an N/A Mark VIII.

You might want to talk to Rob and - schedule permitting - bring it down to our Thanksgiving meet and let him take a look at it while you're here.

Hope to see you there!
I hope we can make it to the Thanksgiving meet. I need all the track time I can get to help sort things out.

Good seeing you J.P I had a great time as always...
Same to ya, sorry for pulling out without seeing you at the end but I had to head back before it got any later.

Definitely need to deal with that 60' problem. That launch really hurts a 4250 lb boat anchor LOL!!!!!
LOL... no doubt the sixty foot times could be much, much better. The launch off idle is the primary focus for now. Then of course we still have the converter and intake manifold to address.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts