TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is scheduled to take place August 24th. Anyone interested in the car show should contact Elmer at the track homesite prior to Monday the 5th. They need to know who is coming. Also, the track is a 1/4 mile track and the various classes are reasonably set up for performance oriented cars. There are about 6 different classes if I read correctly. For more information go to WWW.MASONDIXONDRAGWAY.COM. Hope to see some of the nearby/ locals there. Thanks

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
GO STEVE

Do a good job representing the mid-atlantic chapter for us, we know you will!

Sorry I can't make it, post us the results when you get back.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SCOTT, Thanks I hope

I can at least go a couple rounds. It's hard tangling with those Mustangs all the time. Anyway, I'll give it my best shot. At this point in time, they are calling for rain Saturday so who knows. The car made it back from the meet ok. The tranny is still acting funny (NO HEHEHE!!!) but its staying together at this point. BTW I think I found the thump in the back. Got to checking it out last night. Looks like the rear shock on right is broke. I'm going to try to get them replaced before Monday. Won't have them in by Saturday. If it will go 20's or 30's I'll be happy considering. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Keep in touch. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Do it to it Steve!

Steve you have an awsome cougar and I hope your trans holds together long enough for you to lay down the law on some mustangs. I also want to meet up soon but it won't be till after Labor Day weekend.

Oh if you didn't know Jason and I are working on making us a home page for our chapter so if you have any pictures of your car that we can add to the picture of the day or the photo section let me know.

Check it out when you get some time Http://www.randomfind.com/

Please ignore the pop up adds. We're working on changing that so it doesn't happen.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mason Dixon Cancellation

Got over there this morning about 11 a.m. and found out the meet had been cancelled. Man was I ******!! Just popped an E-mail to the track to find out what has happened or if they are going to reschedule or what. I know ther were a lot of very unhappy folks there before I left. Especially those who had travelled a while to get here. Anyway, so much for racing today!!!

·
189 Posts
Man, that sucks, I know it finally rained here friday night and saturday am, and it was at least 90% humidity all day. Maybe they can postpone it for cooler and dryer air!

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We got rain here

Friday night and Saturday morning to a tune of 1 1/2 inches. That shouldn't have really had anything to do with the cancellation however. They still have not got back to me. That's what ticks me off the most. At least have a little bit of communications with people so they will come back. Man - o - man that irks me!!!
As far as the weather Scott, Yeah it would have been terrible running in it and times probably wouldn't have been the best but you deal with that. A couple to 3 tenth's is generally the norm in those conditons. Anyway, I'll get over it. Wish I had the money and support though I'd have my own strip around here somewhere. The whole East coast would know where it was by the time I got done.!!!!! Oh well, Nice to wish isn't it. Have a good week. Are you going to the Nationals????

·
189 Posts
No, not able this year, saving up for a trip to Hawaii in November! I think Jason was talking about going, check with him for a list of people in the area, I am sure he has that.
I took my car out for a ride last night, I don't know about yours, but the lower temp and humidity make my car run totally different, much more responsive! I had some fun with 2 mustings trying to be bad boys, they were surprised when I was keeping up with them, (despite my shakes and rattles!) I also dropped off a couple fliers into some nice birds yesterday. Anyone needing some to have let me know.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I was planning on going

but since Linda can't get off work and they are going to have schoo a full day this year where I'm attending, I won't be going either. I'm going to let them know tonite. I'll have to cancel my reservations at the Ramada also. Another thing is I don't want to go out there with that thump and break something and have to walk home. I'm getting to old for all that!!!! Did get rear shocks on over the weekend. The others were totally shot. It helped but it's still there, I'm hoping its not a halfshaft getting bad. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
By the Way, Mason Dixon is going to hold the Ford meet on Oct 5th. Just got an E-mail from them today. I wonder if that would be a good weekend to hold a meet. Any suggestions??? I've got a few ideas on this as long as it won't be conflicting with anything else going on here or with others near future plans. Let me know what the schedule looks like around that time and get back to me. Talk to you later.

·
189 Posts
Well,,,, that Monday, weather permitting, some of us have a private track day down at MIR. Maybe we could really have a weekend of events, your race on Saturday, a clean up fix up day on Sunday in preps for our monday racing? That is most likely too much for all in one weekend. I know I could not do racing on both days, and since I am paid up for Monday, that is the one I am going to be doing. Post on our mid atlantic boards and see what the group thinks.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott, Glad you told me that

I wasn't sure exactly what day Mike was having his blast at MIR. Maybe I shouldn't post it. We could maybe try something another weekend. If I feel comfortable doing it and can work something out with school I'd like to do the MIR thing also. Let me know what you think, I should do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts