TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to buy a chip and I was wondering if it would be better if I bought both at the same time

Thinking I'm gonna get an APTEN chip

Do they sell packages and such ?

If not What can I expect to pay for a 02 Mustang 85mm MAF?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
It would be beneficial to you to do both at the same time. There are a couple options on how to buy your MAF, and the price varies. The best thing to do would be to call Dan at Joe Cooper Ford and ask him.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i was thiking of doign the same. i want to do 3.73's or 4.10's, underdrive pullies, trans cooler, j mod eventually, and was thinking on a maf an tb. is this recomende, as well as a new chip from fordchip.com. let me know.

jon

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
97ThunderCat said:
i was thiking of doign the same. i want to do 3.73's or 4.10's, underdrive pullies, trans cooler, j mod eventually, and was thinking on a maf an tb. is this recomende, as well as a new chip from fordchip.com. let me know.
jon
If you are doing all that fairly close to the same time then get the chip after the gears. You will need the chip to be programmed for those gears you have listed. The car will run fine, just be a little off on speedometer and stuff.

--------------------------

I think Dennis R at one point was selling MAFs too. Not to sure on that. If your first choice was Apten then just call or email them and ask if there is a MAF available from them. A lot of these guys probably have connections and can get you good prices on a MAF. I would call Dan at Joe Cooper first to have a idea of what they cost from a dealer.

Also you probably dont need the TB. They really dont do too much until you work on the intake manifold or the heads. Everything after the TB is so restrictive that you would just be waisting money with it. So save the money for the other things.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What do you guys think about the adjustable power programmers like the ones Superchips or Hypertech sell? I was watching Horsepower T.V. and the used the superchip one on a lightly modded 4.6 SN95 mustang and it gained about 10RWHP through most of the horsepower curve in the beggining but only gained 5 at peak. I was just wondering if a programmer was any better/worse than having a chip burned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts