TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CE came on recently, so I had the local dealer run the codes today. The mech said the code was "Running lean on Bank 1 & 2" so he advised me to replace the Mass Airflow Sensor. It also triggered a "Catalyst" code, so he advised one of my cats could be going bad. My bird just ticked over 150,000 also.
Any thoughts from ya'll???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ditto what he said. I had the same code on my 97, I cleaned the MAF, pulled #15fuse to reset the computator and its all good!! I found a can of MAF cleaner at the local Schucks made by CRC, it seems to do the job without having to touch any critical parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Cleaned it a few weeks ago..so far so good.. and it runs much better too! It felt like my car was starving for gas, I would accelerate and it would slightly lurch forward. No more of that!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I fought the same CEL codes and suggestions from a dealer mechanic for about two years. Ditched the K&N filter, cleaned the MAF regularly, reset the PCM. I finally took the plunge a few months ago. I got an '02 GT MAF setup and SCT tune from Lonnie. I should have done it years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts