TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a chip in my 96 with stock gears and driveshaft.I have been to and past 120 many times,well,last night I hit 140 and am still here.I had to test out my new SC speedo and wouldnt you know it I ran up on a Turbo Coupe owned by a super nice and nologible guy from Georgia that has a 12 second SC and a 5.0 Turboed SC,Luckily enough he had the Turbo Coupe.
But like I said,I have been up to and past 120 many times and even up to 140 with NO problems.I still dont understand that whole drivshaft theory about going past 120 with a stock driveshaft.If that is the case everyone who has a Mark VIII shaft isnt safe over 130 because that is thier speed limit,true?
I dont plan on keeping this set up for long because I do have the up graded components for it but I am just saying that the stock driveshaft will go further then what you think.
I dont want to start a war here I am just saying what I have experienced.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Maybe you got a factory freak driveshaft (balenced really well), but most of the time, a noticeable vertical vibration can be felt above 120mph. It takes time to damage the drive shaft. a few quick runs isn't going to make it bend, but if you consistently do it, your driveshaft will bend.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is strange......

GreenBird said:
Maybe you got a factory freak driveshaft (balenced really well), but most of the time, a noticeable vertical vibration can be felt above 120mph. It takes time to damage the drive shaft. a few quick runs isn't going to make it bend, but if you consistently do it, your driveshaft will bend.
I dont know what the deal is but this car pulls hard.At 140 i had very little vibration.I have more at 80-90 then i do on the top end.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts