TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your budget was for $15000 or less and in the market for a used car with less than 40000 miles on it????

Mustang gt 1999 up
Grand prix
Maxima 2000 up

so far those are the only 3 I have thought about yet. wanted opinions since I know everybody has one....

Mike

·
Registered
366 Posts
even though this is a ford board and im going against the grain. I say get a grand Prix GTP... VERY reay to make fast. my brother is into them (he has a regal GS, same motor) and with aobut $300 into it he runs low 14.

they are great cars and have lots of cool $H!T like a HUD display.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Tough Question....

I guess if I had a T-Bird and sold it I'd be in the market for a Cougar or a Mark VIII. Screw all things front wheel drive, and screw a bunch of 'Stangs.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Of the 3 you listed, a grand prix gtp would be a pretty decent choice. I wouldn't consider any other grand prix though. I have 2000 gtp sedan and it hasn't been a bad car. It does have some disadvantages compared to a bird.

The mustang wouldn't be a horrible choice either.

It depends on what you want, a car to be a performance car, mustang.

A nice daily driver the gtp.

I wouldn't touch a maxima if you paid me too.

·
8,239 Posts
the buick regal is a killer sleeper car. My uncle has one, and I took it to the grocery store. Thing really impressed me. I think they run low 15's out of the box, and thats a full size buick.

I would say if you want a newer car get a PI mustang. Obviously this is a summer only car.

If you want a daily driver get a gtp or a regal. I like the regal a little more, the grand prix seems like too much of a girls car for me (sorry gp fans)

If you want a real fast car get a 99 gsx eclipse. Very fun, and all wheel drive.

Justin

·
Registered
610 Posts
MZ-Bird said:
If your budget was for $15000 or less and in the market for a used car with less than 40000 miles on it????

Mustang gt 1999 up
Grand prix
Maxima 2000 up

so far those are the only 3 I have thought about yet. wanted opinions since I know everybody has one....

Mike
Get a camaro because with a few bolt ons you could do high 12's, low 13's easy.

·
Registered
709 Posts
MKVIII LSC???

I bet you could do it for 15,000!!!! 300hp RWD w/ posi... how can u deny???? Plus its not to often (actually never) I see a young dude driving one like a hotrod lincoln!!!

Jake

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
M8's came with like something like 260 or 270 didnt they? And posi is Cheby =) Trak Lok is ford. hehe:thumbsup:
mark *'s come with 280 hp and the LSC with 290 some one correct me if i am wrong ,
a friend of mine just got a black LSC 98 mark 8 290hp its pretty sweet ride but i dought he can beat me
we haved raced caz i have put my bird away for the winter , but for the guy who wanted a opinion
a 99 and up Mustang its not bad the PI , u can make the stang look different from the other , and i know
a guy with a GTP that runs mid to high 13's i think maxima i wouldt mess with , y not a trans am or a
z28 or a SS , do what u want dont worry what people say if u like something just get it dont worry if ur next door neighbor has it .
Jurgen

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Get a older Impala Like a 95 or 96. Nice big cars, got some power to them. And I believe they have an LT1 motor (Or is it a LS1) in them so there are a lot of parts out there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
choices

thanks guys so far for the opinions. I must say that my car has to be a 98 or newer with less than 50000 miles on it. that is to meet the requirements of the loan.

don't know if I can find a Mark 8 with low miles on it that is in new condition. I also would like a 2000 or newer car.

I am considering the GTP for the room and insurance. I am not looking for a race car to fix up .I don't really want a Chevy Z28 or Trans AM because of insurance also the GT will be high on insurance. I know the Bird is really cheap on insurance so that is why I m looking at the GTP because it should be similiar.

I also need something reliable. or at least not too complicated to fix myself. that is a plus with the gt. it is similiar motor wise to the bird.

point, cant get a Impala-too old, M8???already 4+ years old.....

i need a fairly new car with a little get up and go that won't break me paying for it. I only plan to do the usual exhaust mods and filter stuff nothing serious.

I am torn between the GT and the GTP. Maxima is out of question really. can get a loaded out GTP for around $14000.........

KEEP IDEAS COMING. NEED ANY HELP i CAN GET..

sorry to go on so long. really important that I get my moneys worth and wife isn't crazy about the GT idea....imagine that!

mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
This car may not be fast but is fun to drive. New SVT Focus. They sticker starting at $18,000 but have a $2500 rebate right now. I own one and will tell you it is not the best 1/4 mile car but get into some twisty roads and the car is a blast to drive. 1/4 mile is in the mid to high 15's stock but there are lots of aftermarket parts if you want more. The insurance is not much more than a regular Focus. Plus you get a full waranty. Leather seats, 6spd, CD, power windows, power locks, heated mirrors, fog lamps, abs, remote enty, and more all standard. Soory if I sound like an advertisement but I have not owned a new car at $15,500 that was nearly as nice as my SVT Focus.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Focus

Hey Dan,
Thanks for the input. My wife already has a ZX3 Focus and though I really like the car I hate the problems we have had with it. none very major but still they should not have been problems to begin with. I also hate the Ford dealers and all the crap I have to take when I need something done because they all have there head up their ***. That is also why I am afraid to get a GT.

I like the wifes Focus but I doubt I will buy another unless I find a SVT at a unbelievable price. looked at one the other day and it's sweet but still.....

I have 2 recalls to take care of on the wifes car as soon as I get back to town in Jan.

Mike

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i know 98 lsc's around here go for around 10, 10.5 g's.. i want one so bad... in black, the only color they made it in, right? ;) heheh..... -greg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts