TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this T56 swap has been put off this long, I decided to spring for the new McLeod universal bellhousing. This ***** is heavy but SFI rated. I'll put up with the new estimated curb weight of 4K as long as there's a better chance of containment if a clutch blows.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but how wide/deep is that bellhousing? Is it around 5.1-5.5"? Thanks. Did you ever get it up and going?

Russell

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With it's motor plate, it's exactly 5.5" from block side to trans mount side. Keep in mind this one is for the 5.0/3.8 setup and GM T56.

McLeod makes a quality part. I sent them an email and Red himself, the owner, replied and thanked me for my comments.

No, the SC has been parked for over a year. I will probably wait until I get into a house of my own with a garage before working on it more.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
MarksM said:
With it's motor plate, it's exactly 5.5" from block side to trans mount side. Keep in mind this one is for the 5.0/3.8 setup and GM T56.

McLeod makes a quality part. I sent them an email and Red himself, the owner, replied and thanked me for my comments.

No, the SC has been parked for over a year. I will probably wait until I get into a house of my own with a garage before working on it more.
I figured it would be around 5.5". It should be similiar for the 4.6 setup. I will call and talk to Red when I get a little bit more money to mess around with. I plan on doing this sometime this summer if funds permit. Thanks for the info.

R

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
That looks like a really strong piece. Does universal mean you can use any tranny with it on a certain engine, or any engine with a certain tranny? Or both?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's universal in that the main bell can have the trans mount changed by McLeod on order to fit the trans you plan to use. You can see how the flange to fit the T56 is welded to the bell in pic 2. It comes complete with mounting hardware and even a proper hybrid Pilot bushing.

BTW, it was only 418.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts