TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the meanest sounding exhaust you can do for a MN-12 4.6? I want it pretty loud. I was thinking true duals, no cats, with two Dynomax race bullets mounted midbody, or some round magnaflows mounted midbody, out to some 18in S.S tips. What do you guys think? Anything else that woudl be good? I don't really care about drone. I don't notice it with no mufflers or 3rd cat, so I don't think Ill mind it any other way. Except the ghetto style open manifolds:rolleyes: O yeah, would a set of Kooks headers change the sound any?

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Hmmm one of the locals where i live has the kooks headers with the art true dual set up with original (not deltaflow) 40 series flowmasters on it. It sound mean. It has a little raspy sound between 2000- 2500rpm under a light acceleration but i think with cats it would clean it up

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Well, my car can be heard coming a mile away, so something is done right on it.

Alot of the exhaust's 'mean' factor comes from what's been done to the engine as far as compression (heads+pistons) and timing (cam).

My 5.0 has MAC shorty headers and a true dual exhaust setup with high flow cats, and MAC mufflers. It's very loud and angry sounding at WOT, and at idle it's got a beautiful back+forth rumble with lots of bass tones.

I don't advise the Magnaflow, soon after getting my LS I put a set on and it doesn't sound much different than stock.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Did any of you guys see a difference ET's when you removed the cats??. Im interested in doing this because I have all 3 on there right now I think if I do somthing it might be removing the 3rd cat and buying 2 high flows, just wondering if I could see a lower ET with it, also I want to get the car a little louder.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
I have two flowmaster 2-chambers (not delta flow) mid body with turndowns, no rear exit, it is super loud at idle at any speed...i love it

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'll echo the flowmaster comment, my Marquis (4.6L dual exhaust) had flowmaster 40's (3 chamber?), it had a very nice rumble to it.

Pretty much sounded like a Mustang GT at WOT, but it went a whole lot slower :D.

Have also heard flowmaster 30's and 50's on Vics and Marquis, they all sound the same but noise level is varied.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I love my Flowmasters, they have great sound and a awsome look :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But, do you guys think my planned setup I mentioned in my first post would sound pretty good? I don't know of anyone using really small (ex: race bullets) midmounted mufflers.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Flowmasters rock, and I have heard a few other setups..

Popular others are Mangaflow and Dynomax on the forums..

You can stay legal dude, just buy high flo cats, don't hurt the enviroment anymore just for horses. It isn't worth it.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
no cats...running to a magnaflow muffler....then out....louder than my friends 5.0 stanger....sounds like a boat at idle....definately getting louder if i go to PI heads and cams...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts