TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the "Calibration" tag in my driver's door jamb signify? It has the code 7-16F.

Also, on the other tag with the VIN #, under the heading SPR, I have the code CCMM. What does that mean? Thanks.

·
5,650 Posts
The calibration is a means of identifying the right PCM to buy if you need a new one. There were various calibrations, usually just 2 with the newer cars. It was either Federal (7-16F) or California (7-16P) emissions.

The CCMM is most likely the spring code.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

So, this 7-16F is the code I'd give if I'm buying an Xcal2 or Xcal3? Or do I have to rip out the kick panel to see the code on the computer box?

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
The catch code is on a little sticker on the passenger side, just under the edge of the hood, where the rubber gasket under the window meets the side, kinda near the hinge.

Nice thing to know for Junkyard searches. :D

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, Thanks Grog! My little sticker says RCX5. Is that a "good" catch code, and does it mean anything other than this is the computer we have left to stick in a V6?

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
I don't have a clue about what it means, but the tuner guys would know; the code tells what kind of EEC it is, apparently.

I wonder if it's the encryption key; :) Hmm, I need to yank my eec and copy the eprom chip...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts