TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Meet at Julesburg April 17th

So I am thinking that we should meet at Bandimere sometime soon when they open for one of their test and tune nights... I want to see if my car has slowed down with age... Anyone interested?

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a saturday? I am pretty much up for anything, I am just wanting to go see how slow my car is again, its been 7 months or so since I ran it so I want to confirm it is as pathetic as I think it is...

Sam

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sam,

I talked to Max today and he is going to call Todd and see if he is going to be at Julesburg on the 17th for "opening day" . They are having test and tune racing.

Will keep you posted.

My cell number is 970-690-2341 if you want to call.

Tony

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be up for that as well. I basically just wanna go get a new time slip to prove to myself how slow my car is... Doesn't matter where to me... Let me know what the good word is.

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That I know... Won't seem as depressing... Well except if you just admit your car is slow as shiat, than it doesnt matter... Which Mine is slow as Shiat.... I will plan on heading out to julesburg then, weather permitting... Probably party in Ft Collins Friday night then head out saturday morning...

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We might just have to go to Bandimere one of these nights than flew. They run test and tune nights on Weds. Benefit of Julesburg is one cars are slightly faster, and two it is cheaper. Bandimere is like 30 bucks for a test and tune night. Julesburg when I was there was 20 bucks entry fee for the race...

Sam

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sam,

I will call Julesburg and get the price. Seems like it was $40 last summer to race. I hope it is cheaper than that for test and tune.

Since I am now working in Cheyenne it will be hard to get to Bandimere on Wed night.

Track surface at Julesburg is not the best and you cant run in the groove with street tires. I had bad traction there last June on my rock hard Goodyears. I have 235 x 60 BFG's on now so I hope the grip will be better.

What kind of time would you be looking for at 3500 ft? I am looking for 15.60 or better. Only ran 16.00 last year in the heat and spinning tires.

Tony

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran a 16.9x last year at Jules. That is with removed silencer, K&N in fender, and civic intake. I ran outside the groove and with chitty street "touring" tires from pep boys that have no traction at all... I haven't done very much since then except a complete tune up, should be worth 40 hp or so right :) I am not expecting very much more. I have underdrives to put on but doubt I will get around to that prior to the 17th... I need to do a brake job before I head to any track... I ran a 17.3x or 17.4x as my fastest at bandimere last year, been awhile though...

Sam

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My best at Bandimere with the 3:08 gears was 17.3. That was two years ago. Have done a lot since then. My best time ever was 15.41 at Scribner NE (1350 ft)

Hope to get a sea level run in at ST. Louis on May 2nd but not sure if I will have time to go the track.

T

·
Registered
303 Posts
I may just have to take a sick day. I work Wed - Sat nights. Never had my car at the strip so I am looking forward to it. Anyone ever run in Pueblo at PMI? Heard about it from a bunch of people and supposedly only $20. I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys, sounds like a good idea for Julesburg on the 17th. Sam, I would be willing to meet you at Bandimere one of these nights if you would like to run there. I'm only about 15-20 minutes away. I will probably run with you guys as soon as I find out why my car is groaning on the launch, It wont spin the little 225/70/15 I have on it right now. Tranny issues? Or is that just what the T-Lock sounds like?

---Max

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Max : I dunno. My tires wont spin up here on a launch either. At Julesburg I can spin them, but not here...

Tony: When you ran the 15.41, what did you have done?

Sam

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Everything except the Mark VIII T/C, the Hi-Flow Cats with the third cat and resonator deleted and the 235 x 60 BFG's. So I am hoping for better next time.

Traction at Scribner was really good however with my old Good years. Like one spin and then gone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Talked to Todd J last night. They will be running at Julesburg on the 17th also. Hope you all can make it. Todd said to bring about $60 for entry, food, ect.

---Max

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are we going to try and caravan out there or just meet out there? OPhh for everyone, don't forget to fill up on gas before you leave sterling on your return trip, it's a long ways between gas stations and they close early like 5 o'clock...

Sam

1 - 20 of 42 Posts