TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i wanted to get the ball rolling as early as possible. out last meet here got rained out, and it seems as if this one in feb will too possibly. *crosses fingers* i was thinking maybe a meet at the middle of june... maybe a friday, saturday, and sunday/ that way the car show scene will be in full swing! i will check the calendars for dates of big car shows around here. i would suggest a meet during riverfest, but that is may 19th- 25th i think. too close to the meet in parsons. thers a car show every night at two of teh spangles restaurants here, and one every saturday night at a place called back yard burgers (both really just a meet) the local import scene is a joke and hangs out on the south end of town (if anyone might be into that junk) i will be posting this in the oklahoma, arkansas, and mo forums as well, so met me hear back!

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but there is a tentative meet in june/july in the works by some of us MO guys. Usually guys from the surrounding states come in and get a hotel room here in Independence, then we try to hit a car show or something, and then then KCIR. (What happened last year) Just easier to have in KC cause it's big and lotsa options for everything.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pun intended, right? i figured since we were having this one in kc, we could have the next in wichita. we still have international raceway. and quite a few car meets on a regular basis. and were closer to arkansas and oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was considering hosting a meet at our house. I haven't even ran it by the folks yet though. Its still just an idea at this point. I'm less than three miles from KCIR, and we have a pool.

Like I said though, Its just an idea. I'm not completely opposed to a mid kansas meet. We need to be fair to everyone.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
After seeing how far Melon (and prolby others) drive for This months meet, I'm not even about to moan about how far it is... lol...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
meh. i live about a mile from international... guess i wont be getting my meet then. overruled, next topic! lmfao.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Sin, you aren't overrulled, I love the idea of going to a different raceway. I was just saying that for the big summer one, KC is out best bet (and it's allready in the works for this year). Your more than welcome to head up a fall meet, and I'll do my best personally to be there.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i guess if you can have a moderator change teh thread name, this one is yours! i'll be sure to be there this summer. kc is pretty nice that time of year, and i planned on another visit to my grandmas during the summer anyways.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm hoping to be making a lot of changes to the cat this racing season. Lots of trips to the track would be nice, and being there with other club members makes it even better.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
We'll be at the track often enough this year.;) You don't need a meet to go to KCIR!

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
You don't need a meet to come down to MoKan either, or a helmet as long as you don't go faster than 14.00 (Man I wish I needed a helmet!!) I haven't run at KCIR (maybe this year I'll get up there) but getting close to 8-9 runs is common, and over 10 isn't unheard of. Not as big a crowd.

Mokan Dragway said:
Helmets required on cars running 14.00 or quicker on the 1/4 mile. or 8.50 or quicker on the 1/8 mile. Snell 80 or newer recommended.
http://www.mokandragway.com/rules/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts