TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a general invite to all that would like to attend. On August 17th the mid atlantic TCCoA chapter will be holding a meet in the Roanoke area and would like to welcome you to come out for some Grill'n, chill'n and a lot of fun.

As of right now the agenda stands like this:

We will arrive at my house around 10am -12am and at that point once everyone has kind of shown up we will eat some lunch, talk performance, play some games ect. We will do this till say 3pm at which we will pack up and hit the streets. We are going to cruise from my house to the star city (roanoke) and go to the main attraction the "star" which over looks the entire city. From there we will take the Parkway to the small town of Buchanan VA and make our way onto I-81 in route to Natural Bridge Speedway. Races start at 7 and end at 11. We will take that in and then head back to the hotel(s). If the place has a pool and it's open will more than likely swim,(allowing the energy) then turn in. In the morning I assume (not sure) that we will gather again and grab some breakfast say their good byes and wish everyone safe travels.

At a closer date I will post a detailed list of driving directions and places to stay in the area. Feel free to contact me with any further questions at [email protected] . Our message board will also have more info on all of this and the address is : http://pub44.ezboard.com/bmn12midatlaniccontactlist9012

We would like to make this the biggest meet so far, currently we have about 10 members comming with either cougars or birds. The more that come the more fun we will all have.

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
Meet

I will be there! Might have one more coming down at the same time from MD with me. Will need hotel info, wonder if we could get a group rate at one place if we had a lot of people?

Scott

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
hey up there

Provided Funds hold out, some of us from NC/SC will be there.
"some of us" means 2 so far(2 people and one car), but we'll see if we cain't up that alittle.

The racing will probably be out(atleast for me), but we're all for hangin out and runnin our mouths :D

'look forward to meetin you.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
as long as funds allow

I would like to make the trek as well, and drag the chicken with me......

·
Registered
52 Posts
maybe

I might be able to be convinced to go as long as joel goes

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
why do I always get the impression that I am being followed..................lol

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is sounds great!

I hope that all of you from NC and SC come to our gathering in Roanoke. The majority of the group will be comming from MD and eastern VA so if any of you guys want to get in on a group room rate, just let us know. I'm waiting till the 1st of August to see what they might be because all the hotels I've went to in the area say "you'll have to see what the rates are in August...blah blah blah..." . I'm going to send this post to the VA SCCoA members and maybe we can have one of the biggest turn outs in a long time. Can't wait till the 17th, and as I said before any questions just let me or anyone eles in our chapter know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Look Out the Boooosh man Will be there

aight people the boooosh man will be there

BUT wont have the car damn ford has no motor so i will be down in my truck
for all of those that will be new i will have pictures of my car so you can drool
lol well i hope to see you all there
later on

boooosh man

check out my car at
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=217562&cat=20&val=1

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just informed the SCCoA...

Hey guys this is going to be the real deal come the 17th of August. As of right now I'm thinking any where from 10-20+ cars. I think I can get around 5 from Roanoke and then I think we came up with a number of 9 on the mid-atlantic board. That's 14 plus the guys from NC, and SC. Who knows how many may come from the SCCOA Norfolk VA chapter.

I hope this is bigger than the last party I threw...(had a party once when my folks went out of town...at least 200 students showed) :D

That's my update for now. I plan to have the Hotel options/costs and directions up ASAP just waiting for the "August Rates..."! Later

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Yeah, ME TOO

I may try to make the trek also depending on funds. Got one race in Hagerstown, Md the 3rd, Street night, August 10 -11th, ATCO NMRA Vortech Modular, then the 17th with all of you, then the 30th -31st in Elkhart. Don't know if I can do all this but I would like to get down there to meet some of you. All depends on $$$$ and the 4R70W holding on. HEHEHE!!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hotel Update!

Well after I went out with the women tonight, I stopped at the newly built Red Roof Inn near my place. Told them what was going down and if I could see one of there suites (group room as we've been calling it). It was AWSOME! Make that AWSOME TIMES 2! The room has 2 queen sizes beds a Couch that folds out into a bed, fridge, sink all the stuff you could ever need. Oh and the price is CHEAP! 70.99 a night or 65.99 if you're a AAA member. She said you could also add roll away beds for 5 bucks each. This room also had an ajoining room which would be nice. It was just a normal one with 2 queen beds and it goes for 50.99 or 60.99 the woman said it depends on the monthly rate.

The hotel has a nice indoor pool ect. and like I said it's very nice and cheap.

Let me know if you guys want me to book them or what. All the other places just for a normal room it was about that price...

I guess it will be 1 to a bed right? Let me know your preferences.

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
The roof!

Yeah, book me one of those rooms, that sounds great! Thanks for taking the time to check it all out too.

Scott

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Tim,
go ahead and get us one of those rooms at the red roof.
so far we got enough comin i think to fill one up. :)

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hotel Info and Directions

Okay, went to the roof today to book rooms. Come to find out the lady didn't tell me the suite rooms were already booked on the 17th of August so I settled for a price cut on the double rooms. I worked it from 65.99 to 55.99 I made a big scene to save us some money. :D As of right now I reserved 4 double rooms, 1 being handicap acessible. If we need more/less they said to give them a call and they would work it out for us. I also took pictures of the rooms let me know if you want them for this post will be long and I don't want to make it longer than needed.

Now onto directions:

Comming for MD, or Eastern VA

These directions I did with my trip meter so if you use it with the directions below everything will work out perfect.

From I-81 take exit 156
At the bottom of the ramp clear your trip and take a right. You'll be on this road for 3.2miles at which point the road will run ino 220 North.
Once again clear your trip and turn right (one way road). Your now going towards Fincastle and you should see a sign within a mile or so saying this. Within 2 miles of turning you'll see a Citco/Quickette (same building). Now if you see that your goin in the right direction and keep going. Now when the trip gets to approx 5 miles get into the fast lane of traffic. You will cross Rt. 681 at this point prepare to slow down. On your right you'll see a sign for Faith Baptist Church. (my house is directly acrossed from that church on the other side of the road) So, take the turn around right pass that church it's on your left. Once in that turn around directly ahead you will see a driveway and a sign reading "The Turners". Count that as driveway 1 and mine will be the 3rd. I'll have baloons and stuff on the boxs to help you out.

I think that was pretty detailed so everyone should be alright getting here, if not give me a call when your close and I'll come get you. Ph. (540) 473-2922

Comming for NC, or SC

On I-81 you'll take exit 150B. On the off ramp you can either go straight or turn right. Turn Right. Stay in the off ramps lane that's provided, and a sign above says to Fincastle. You'll make a turn to the right again and now you're on North 220. You'll go through 2 stop lights and then it's smooth driving. You'll drive for 10 or less miles and then you'll be in the town of fincastle. You'll drive through the out skirts passing a Exxon, Citco and a place called the old mill. From the Citco my house is aprox. 3 miles away. Once you pass the Old mill go ahead and get in the left lane. You'll first pass Old Fincastle Rd, Then Peck Lane/Martians Lane next road you'll cross will be Rt. 681 aka Mary Alice/Poorfarm Rd. at this point prepare to slow down. On your right you'll see a sign for Faith Baptist Church. (my house is directly acrossed from that church on the other side of the road) So, take the turn around right pass that church it's on your left. Once in that turn around directly ahead you will see a driveway and a sign reading "The Turners". Count that as driveway 1 and mine will be the 3rd. I'll have baloons and stuff on the boxs to help you out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
imtncat

dude man i live near the track in hagerstown im thinkin it is the mason dixon one right> well anyways if i can get some free time i will meet you at the track and watch you tear some **** up well let me know what time and **** and i can meet you there

later on
thunderboooosh

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Thunderboooosh

I've seen your ride and its definately nice. I plan on taking the 1MTNCAT to Mason-Dixon on Saturday the 3rd of August, for the Street nite. Starting 2 PM till whenever they finish or I get my ass handed to me. That does happen!!!! LOL. (weather permitting). There may be a few friends of mine there also. They own and run various rides of different makes. Anyway, if you are there look me up. I'm hoping my tranny will make it through the month. Also, I sent Jason an E-mail regarding the Ford event at Mason=Dixon on the 24th of August. Maybe we'll all get together then.
Keep in touch. Check it out on the (WWW.MASONDIXONDRAGWAY.COM) site under special events. Later

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
You know I'll be there.

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout. Are we gonna cookout? What kind of food should I bring to share? Tim, do you remember how long the trip took you from MD to your place? That will give me some idea of what time I need to leave to get there around 10.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What about the cops??????????????

I know in certain parts of V.A they dont look to kindly upon heavily modified cars how are they in that area? I will be showing in Richmond this weekend so it will be its first trip to V.A since we shaved everything on it

1 - 20 of 172 Posts