TCCoA Forums banner

mega fuse

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RidinOnAir 
#1 ·
my power wire to my alt. burned up for some reason? (Car was sitting for three days, in snow, and i had both compressors on to fill up the bags). I was driving home and car died. Alt was tested and is fine. SO i upgrade my power wire (which i was doing this weekend when i was off work) and my either messed the fuss up by 2 ways...

A) over tightened the wire on the the mega fuse from the alt. and it split the fuse

or b) It was dark outside (and 20 degrees) so i was rushing and didn't unhook the battery, which caused a spark and slight burn of the fuse

So how do i replace this and where can i get it from? Does it have to be directly from ford? Thanks, I already called in sick to work for this s*** for tomorrow. Thanks

ps. u can see the fuse when u take off the cover, its bronze and connects the two post together..correct????

#2 ·
I got mine from the Ford dealer, i tinks its the same fuse from many other cars. He had a whole box of them. was like 12 bux

#9 ·
autozone have it, about 5 bucks a piece.

#10 ·
haha..thanks... but the way companies come and go....i wouldn't put past someone to name a company that....

btw, does anyone know the part number..just called ford and the guy has pretty much no idea what i'm talking about. (is it a 200 amp or 175 amp fuse, i wasn't sure)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.