TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let any skeptics know that this stuff works. My headlights were a little foggy but not yet to the yellow stage. I applied some of this and it makes a HUGE difference. They are so much clearer.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Now clear coat them.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That stuff is the best, I posted about that stuff awhile back when I cleaned my lights up, and they were BAD. I used Turtle Wax rubbing compound to start and then Meguires Plastx to finish them and the results were amazing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
it works...but not for long 3M is better!

I also got ok results with the Meguires PlstiX, but didn't last long. Then I used 3M Plastic cleaner followed by 3M plastic polish (available at NAPA). The results were much better, and lasts a lot longer. I do it every 6 months or so, and my lenses look a lot better now...i might try using the rubbing compund beforehand, too..i think i have some at home.

whatever you use, it's probably a good idea to put a thin coat of regular wax on the lights afterwards, to protect whatever finish you achieved, so you don't have to do it too often...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Passenger one was cleaner. Driver's was foggy until I cleaned it.

Did look like this:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
My Thunderbird's headlights where in nearly new condition when I bought it, a year later when I got rid of it, they wheren't bad, but they had gotten worse over just that one year. I never really did much to protect them. I NEVER polished the focus's headlights, and after three years, they where pretty scratched up and quite foggy. I didn't start trying to clear them up until after the damage was done. Now on my Mustang, I have used PLASTIX every couple months or so, since day one. They are still clear. If I can keep the lights relatively clear and nice and don't have to replace them until the car is paid off, then I will feel that I was successful. It would be nice if manufacturers figured out a way to keep the lights from fogging up....the ultra-clear plexi lights look great when they're clean and new, but they get NASTY if you don't take care of them...it's a shame. It'd be nice if they where glass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have tried pretty much everything under the sun and nothing beats the tried and true coarse and fine rubbing compounds w/1000,1200,1500,2000,2500 wet sand. The other option is to goto autozone and they have a headlight wet sand/polish kit for 14.99 It works pretty amazingly well. But anything can so long as you take the proper time and effort into the wet sand... The more you put into it the better. Also more stages of sandpaper helps. If I use it on my cd's im certainly going to trust it for my headlights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts