TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question here about my fuse holders, they are for 60 amps and they keep melting, but the fuse itself doesn't melt. I replaeced the one in my hood and screwed it on really tight to the wires, and now theres no problem with it, but the one in trunk that comes after my capacitor just melted. so what im thinking is that i didnt screw the wire to the fuse connections on to well and it was sparking to keep up with the power demands. also, i didnt cramp the fuse together so it couldnt have been because the fuse was cramped and when it tried to melt it just got close in connection........if you know what i mean....hopefully.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
what guage wire are you running? If you have loose connections or too small a wire you can cause the wire to heat up near the ends, and cause the plastic to melt, but since there is not that much of a amperage pull, the fuse won't blow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 guage wire, but i dont really get the fact that i changed one of my fuse holders and its having no problems now, so maybe it was a cheap fuse holder? I jut dont want to keep running through these things cus they are pretty damn expensive.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
loose connections will kill fuse holders, no matter how expensive they are. Plastic just isn't meant to take that kind of heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts