TCCoA Forums banner

Members only section...

4K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Rodeo Joe 
#1 ·
Anybody else having trouble logging in...was going to put up a few new pics...cannot log in.

#3 ·
I'm having the same problem and it started at the same time Bill moved the site to another server. Whenever trying to login, I get this message.

Fatal Error

Something that wasn't supposed to happen did.
We have been notified of the error and will make corrections so
it will not happen again.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.

Cannot open database-- /home/tccoa/freedata/accounts - Invalid argument
See this thread for more info.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=133910

David

#4 ·
I have the same problem.

#8 ·
Nope, still no go! Here's the message I get when I try to go to the create a gallery page:

BoppinVinnieB, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3. You need to be a forum member for 14 days and have made 30 posts to make new threads in Marketplate and you have to have been a forum member for at least 1 day to make a new posts.

#9 ·
In your profile, I noticed it doesn't have you checked off as a paid member. I'm not sure if this is the problem. I tried to correct it, but it's not saving the change I'm making! :(

Might be a job for Oscar! :)

Joe

#10 ·
Fatal Error

Something that wasn't supposed to happen did.
We have been notified of the error and will make corrections so
it will not happen again.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.

Cannot open database-- /home/tccoa/freedata/accounts - Invalid argument
Is anyone planning to fix this, or should I find another place for hosting photos ?

Don't mind finding another place, but I would like to recover the photos currently being hosted.

David

#11 ·
I sent Eric (owner) an email yesterday about this and a few other problems the site has been having lately. I mentioned the server being busy all the time, plus that the newer paying members can't open up a gallery or be able to use a custom title. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

Joe

#14 ·
I'm having some really fun issues with virtual memory and MySQL tuning which is causing the server load.

I'm aware of the hosting issue and am trying to figure out why it's broken. The problem is that the login system that used is more than 8 years old and is all in Perl, so finding info on it is not the simplest thing.

#17 ·
Well, after reading about a bazillion pages yesterday on Linux kernel memory paging, filesystem caching and virtual memory, I made some adjustments which have really seemed to help. I haven't seen a single load spike since before the changes midday yesterday. The IO load has dropped to completely normal levels and I've not seen any delays in delivering content. Hopefully, it's all good. I'll continue to monitor it and we'll see how it goes thru the weekend.

#21 ·
X2 :)

#22 ·
Since there seems to be some sort of long term scripting problems that prevent loading photos to this, how about setting it up for FTP use?

#28 ·
The free hosting part has actually been shut down for years. I think it's still mentioned in the members control panel though. All we really can do is make galleries. (limit 3 with 20 pics each)

#27 ·
Hmm, I just edited and created a new gallery. You might want to contact an admit. Or abud (username eferggbd)

#29 ·
i go to gallery, then edit my gallery, and i get this message

modularbird, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
You need to be a forum member for 14 days and have made 30 posts to make new threads in Marketplate and you have to have been a forum member for at least 1 day to make a new posts.

who should i contact to fix ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.