TCCoA Forums banner

members.tccoa.com

48K views 413 replies 144 participants last post by  timb 
#1 ·
Bill, would you please restore my access to the web hosting?

Thanks

#77 ·
huh, mine worked. :zdunno:

#78 ·
eh, I figure they just haven't gotten around to all of them yet. Not a real big deal to me, I'm sure it'll get fixed soon. Either that or I just don't know how to get there from here!

#79 ·
You still have to tell us you need it back until the new software is up. You should be good to go now Trav.

#80 ·
So, just to be clear, forum users will get access again? I know I don't come here and post that often, but someday when I own a Tbird or Cougar again I'll be back quite a bit.

My main concern is I have things there I would like to get saved to my computer instead of deleted - if I'm not included in the limited access bunch I would appreciate access for a limited time just to download the files I want from there...

#85 ·
I moved all my files of the members server months ago.. But the links in the forums are dead.. I ask SD to update the mySql Database.. But has not been done. I understand the reasoning for doing what he has done, but Unfortunatly, I have my own server, and don't need to free load anymore..

old url: http://members.tccoa.com/wkstill/
new url: http://www.kotbh.net/wkstill/

#86 ·
Will, you realize the forums will have to be completely down for however long it takes to do a global search/replace on 570,000+ threads right? Bill doesn't want to take them down that long, and risk serious corruption, then having to restore a backup... Just to make some pictures show up in some old arsed threads. ;)

#87 ·
ShadowDragon said:
You still have to tell us you need it back until the new software is up. You should be good to go now Trav.
Works like a charm, thanks a lot! :D

#88 ·
Steven@nd said:
So, just to be clear, forum users will get access again? I know I don't come here and post that often, but someday when I own a Tbird or Cougar again I'll be back quite a bit.

My main concern is I have things there I would like to get saved to my computer instead of deleted - if I'm not included in the limited access bunch I would appreciate access for a limited time just to download the files I want from there...
Yes, forum users will get access again. It will be limited space as long as you have over X amount of posts, and I'm fairly sure you qualify

#93 ·
Big_Irish said:
So all the stuff I had on my space, is it gone?
ShadowDragon said:
Once the new software is in place non-members will be able to get their stuff off the server.
what he said, but,
ShadowDragon said:
I think Bill needs to change the message as it's not clear enough.

Yes, everything will be back and everyone can get their stuff again. When? Dunno.

Yes, paying members stuff will be put back on the public part of members.tccoa.com shortly after they ask for it.

When the new software goes in place there will be 3 tiers of service.
A) Non-paying club member, non forum member = NOTHING
B) Non-paying club member, forum member = 10mb, can link the stuff from SCCoA and some other yet undertermined places, small files only.
C) Paying club member, forum member = Undetermined more space, can link stuff from anywhere, and can upload larger files.
mmmmkay.......:)

#94 ·
So I'm sorry to be redundent but I'm not sure I understand. Non paying members with over 50 posts can host images (small ones) and you can only post a link to one of the files on the boards and no where else?

#97 ·
Destructor90 said:
:thumbsup: this crap is getting bs! look if your not a paying member then you can go screw a sheep!
That is exactly the WRONG attitude to have about this whole deal. It's kind of hard to increase the number of paying members here when the non-paying members (potentially new paying members) are constantly berated.

There's nothing wrong with providing the paying members with advantages, but telling non-paying members to, well, what you just said, is WAY over the line.

-Rod

#98 ·
Gotta agree with Rod on that one. Actually I've noticed that Rod and I tend to agree on a lot of things. Rod you must be one very intelligent person! :D

Seriously, insulting potential members is not gonna do anything but give this forum a BAD reputation fast.

#99 ·
He's not on TBU anymore Rod, so Destructor90 (PR) has got to post that stuff somewhere. I don't have a problem with the paying members having site advantages that non paying members don't have. And when I get mine paid, I'll be able to take advantage too. I think that would be a good incentive to join. I think if they know what they will be getting for their $40, it might help them decide to join too. Begging for the money is just wrong I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.