TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Voice/Data Guru
Discussion Starter #1
BEWARE ALL Lucky I only have a goatee , Very bad reaction here. Thought I would let you guys know about this . I for one did not know having been using this product for a few years never has this to happen before.

Millions of men have used Just For Men products successfully. However, a growing number of users have reported allergic reactions.
Consumer advocacy group ConsumerAffairs collects complaints and reviews of Just For Men. More than 750 men have submitted complaints about unexpected side effects like itching, redness, and chemical burns.
Here is an excerpt from just one of the reviews:2
I have used JFM beard dye numerous times and have had very minor irritation. However, I used this product three days ago and now I have a severe chemical burn on my face. The irritation and itching was so bad I shaved my beard off and my entire face is scorched. This is completely unacceptable!!!
Countless men have reported similar irritation and reactions that range in severity. Some have even reported going to emergency rooms for symptoms brought on by using Just For Men.
Just For Men hair dyes contain a long list of compounds with the potential to trigger skin reactions in users. However the main culprit of Just For Men reactions is thought to be a chemical called p-phenylenediamine (PPD). PPD is regularly used in hair dyes.
PPD was named Allergen of the Year3 in 2006 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society to raise awareness about the allergic reactions associated with the chemical. The Environmental Protection Agency4 also warns that exposure to high levels of PPD can cause severe dermatitis, eye irritation, asthma, vertigo, renal failure, convulsions, and coma.

Administrator
Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had Darren, hope things are on the mend. No facial hair for me, tried a mustache once and that was enough.

Funny, when I first saw the thread I thought it was a spammer but then saw it was you! 馃お

Joe

Voice/Data Guru
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe it's pretty bad but getting better darn chemical burn. Gald the wife is a RN now taking care of me . Part of the class action lawsuit now :mad:

Super Moderator
I've had the same reaction to their product. It actually does say that you may experience these issues so they recommend that you try it on a patch of skin before you apply it. I had to drop it because of those side effects. Now I look as old as I look.

Super Moderator
Sounds like they changed the formula. Sorry you鈥檝e got to be dealing with this.

Registered
So this PPD chemical is the same one used in various other hair dyes? Do women experience similar issues when they dye their hair? If not, why not? Could it be a stronger concentration of this PPD chemical in the JFM product?

Voice/Data Guru
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the same reaction to their product. It actually does say that you may experience these issues so they recommend that you try it on a patch of skin before you apply it. I had to drop it because of those side effects. Now I look as old as I look.
Sounds like they changed the formula. Sorry you鈥檝e got to be dealing with this.
Yep Ron that is the reason, They need to pull it out of the product . Thanks and ever again staying clean shaven :)

Super Moderator
I earned every one of these gray hairs, and induced a shitload of them on other people. :)

I ain't dieing my gray, lol.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
1 - 8 of 8 Posts