TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to changing the tranny fluid to mercon v. Dropped pan and drianed to tc. Does shift smoother now but still acts wired dropping out of overdrive didn't do the mlps. Wondering if it wild be it. Anddddd go

·
Administrator
8,216 Posts
Finally got to changing the tranny fluid to Mercon V. Dropped the pan and drained to tc. Does shift smoother now but still acts weird, dropping out of overdrive. I didn't do the mlps. Wondering if that would be it.
Sounds like it to me.

Joe

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Finally got to changing the tranny fluid to mercon v. Dropped pan and drianed to tc. Does shift smoother now but still acts wired dropping out of overdrive didn't do the mlps. Wondering if it wild be it. Anddddd go

How did you make out with the MLPS?

Just a thought: Have you ever dropped the pan, pulled the valve body, and checked the O/D servo for wear?

If you've never done this before, get good instructions. When you re-install the O/D servo, the servo pin has to be engaged with the O/D band.

My first time, I didn't know this, and the trans would shift into "neutral" instead of O/D. So, I had to pull the pan/valve body and O/D servo again, and install correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts