TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercon V is difficult to get over here in the UK. Last time I changed my tranny fluid the Mercon V I used had these numbers on the bottle:

Ford E-M5
8 000 046
A97SX M2C202 BB
Ford Spec WSS-M2C202-B

I'm just about to get some more from a different company. The guy says his is genuine Ford Mercon V, but the bottle just has XT5-QMC ML 1151 on it.

I was going to order 12 quarts of the new stuff and top off with a couple of quarts that I still have left from last time.

Can anyone tell me whether this is the same spec of oil? Or if its ok to mix them? I think one or other has maybe originated from Europe which maybe why the numbers are different.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really, options are severely limited in a country where most of the cars are stick-shift! I had to search high and low to find a company that stocked Mercon at all. I was about to order it to be shipped fronm the US specially (at great expense).

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone recognise the specs I posted above? Are they compatible????

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK now I'm wondering if the Ford E-M5 oil is actually the same as Mercon V. It was sold to me as Mercon V and its been in my trans for the last 3yrs (30000 miles). Initially it fixed all my shudder issues, but they've been coming back over the last year or so.

Maybe I'll just buy a couple of extra qts of the new stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts